SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled a C70 amp (4x100) and considering installing it into my V70 XC which has the SC-816 unit. This is a rookie question. The 816 has an AMP receptacle on the back. Is there just one cable from the amp that plugs into the 816 unit ? Does anyone have an idea about the performance of this mod.?? <p>Thanks

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Install C70 amp into V70 SC-816 (jodotran)

If it's the same as my 816 (850R) which has the Volvo AUX amp, the difference is<br>STUNNING!<br>You may want to upgrade your speakers after that

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Myself and a number of other people have replaced the SC 816 with the SC 901 which has a customizable EQ. It requires an external amp which you now have but it was a good choice in my opinion.<p>You may be happy with the new HU and amp before replacing all your speakers. Just a suggestion.<br>--Will

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Re: Install C70 amp into V70 SC-816 (jodotran)

If you search the archives you will see that I did a complete write-up with all the info one could possibly want on this amp and integration within my 850 and V70.<p>Search the audio archives for SC-901 and you should come up with all that you're looking for.<p>Also, look at my profile and see the link to my really old web page. Check out the pictures link all the way at the botom of the page and you'll see the install of the C70 amp in my V70.<p>Cheers,<br>Prospero

1 - 4 of 4 Posts