SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.insideline.com/volvo/s60/2012/2012-volvo-s60-t5-long-term-test-wrap-up.html

Mainly very positive reviews from the IL staff, though one said that the AC was weak (I believe that all cars since the R-134a switch occurred suffer from weak AC initially then catch up and eventually blow ice cold air).

The author also said:

"Observed Fuel Economy: The EPA prepared us for 20 city and 30 highway mpg. After 19,000 miles on the road we averaged 23 mpg, slightly less than the EPA combined rating of 25 mpg. Our best single tank was below 29 mpg, suggesting the highway figure was slightly exaggerated. Still, it was no deal-breaker. And if we worked for it, a single-tank range of 500 miles was possible."

According to my sticker that was in the window, it says combined should be 23 MPG, which is exactly what they got. And I'm sure that the IL staff has a lead foot - I can get over 30 MPG when I'm on a steady cruise on the highway (in fact, just this past Monday I got 31.3 MPG (my calculation, not the car's computer calculation) cruising at a steady 71 MPH between eastern WI and Chicago - and that was with my new Kumho Ecsta 4x tires, which are NOT low rolling resistance tires).

You'll see my rebuttal on these facts in the Comments section... :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
23 mpg seems generally correct for the kind of commuter traffic I normally experience.

·
Registered
96 Posts
After my first 1,400 miles I am averaging just over 27 mpg. I hope that continues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm @ 7,400 miles and am at 24.5MPG, so sounds about right...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts