SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone that replaced their inner tie rods with aftermarket parts had issues with longevity? I know a lot of the time aftermarket parts for these cars are crap and I'm not sure if inner tie rods are something I should stick with OEM or spend 1/3 the price for aftermarket? Any experience with Meyle or other brands would be great.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have been going with Lemfoerder parts exclusively in mine. That said, there is a TRW part that is made in Italy that might work out good.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I went with lemforder for the outer tie rods but can't find lemforder inner tie rods at any of the usual places (fcp, viva, eeuroparts, ipd). Anyone one know where I can get them?
Edit: I'm blind, they are on FCP and I just skimmed over them :facepalm:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And now I feel stupid for not seeing them on FCP's site when I checked on my phone. :facepalm: Thanks for pointing that out SonicBlueR.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have Lemforder outers on my R and the quality is great, plus they are holding up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
What are the symptoms of a bad tie rod end other than the slack on the steering?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Lemforder, TRW, or Febi are the only brands to go with for suspension/steering. Mayle is like Scantech, does not last.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Febi is Bilstein. I put some Febi strut mounts in my brothers old P1 S40 and they lasted like not even a year. POS. But then again those cars are pos

·
Registered
438 Posts
And bilstein. They make some of it I have found.

The TRW is made in Italy, so I may go with them when my time comes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Buy Volvo parts from Viva or IPD and do the job once. The $75 you save isn't worth doing it again in 30k miles.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts