SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done it on an S70, need to do it on my S60. Any thoughts on it?<p>Is there a manual out there? Green book scans on the internet?<p>

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: Inner CV Boot replacement (volvostud)

I bet if you wait a bit someone with a copy of VADIS will be able to post up some pictures of the instructions....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Inner CV Boot replacement (VTT5)

That's what I was hoping for.<p>Any notes regarding final torque settings, or the easiest way to pull things off.<p>Local Swedish garage wants 250 for the work, with 75 being parts and two hours labor.<p>The S70 certainly did not take that long.<p>

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I don't know if your going with an OEM Boot kit but a Genuine Volvo Boot Kit costs about $100, A OE one from FCP Groton is like $30,<p>Depending on the miles you could get a Reman C/V Axle for $60 from Rockauto.com or a brand new axle from IPDUSA for $150<p>Just a thought<p>An axle would be quicker to replace<p>Chris

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Re: (volvostud)

If its the original axle at 122k then Yes I would just change it out<p>If your tight for cash, you could probably get another 30-50k out of the axle depending on driving conditions

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Give me more info on your car, and I can search VADIS. What tranny do you have? Not sure if AWD makes a difference.<p>Just FYI, I paid close to 400 for my drivers side axle. My car is an R with a manual tranny, though.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (SHIFT_S60R)

it's a 2003 S60 with the geartronic automagic tranny.<p>Been having some shudder issues so the tranny is getting a fluid flush this weekend, and it sounds like it'll be getting a new pass side axle.<br>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts