SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 with factory m56h; 18t, Green injectors, 50% e85
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these the right O-rings for our injectors: http://injector-rehab.com/shop/Universal-Bosch-O-Ring.html

The tech who recently dyno'd my car said he smelled fuel during the tests while he was next to the open hood. No visible leaks and no odors in the car or under the hood during idle. O rings seemed like a logical place to start. Other ideas also welcome.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing--except there weren't enough of them! :) I want to change both the top and bottom rings on each injector.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Nothing--except there weren't enough of them! :) I want to change both the top and bottom rings on each injector.
Makes sence. Just be careful not to damage the milar disc at the bottom of the injectors when you swap out the orings. Else is cake.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was the part I was worried about too. I did change one of them and it was scary getting it over that disk. And I have no backup car. I should probably order a couple of those disks when I order the o-rings just in case.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
That was the part I was worried about too. I did change one of them and it was scary getting it over that disk. And I have no backup car. I should probably order a couple of those disks when I order the o-rings just in case.
Excellent idea, hows your fuel filter age?

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
So are those orings linked to indeed the correct ones for these injectors?

And how crucial are those little discs at the bottom of the injector? I think a few of mine are missing those.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered a rebuild kit from Mr. Injector Parts. Specifically, I ordered kit TF 4 http://www.mrinjectorparts.com/top-feed-kits.html The owner of the site was very responsive to my emails. He said this kit is the right one for our Bosch injectors, and it includes retainer disks to replace the mylar ones if they break, although the ones in the kit do look different from the originals. Still, the price for the whole kit is less than what FCP would charge for just the O-rings alone, $22, and there was no shipping charge. I doubt I'll do the filter screens, but they come with the kit.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
^ Those caps are NOT correct replacements for the oring retainers on our injectors. Those are for the old injectors used on 200/700/900 series.

EDIT: I didn't scroll down the later type injector kits, sorry.

But...standard injector seal kits should be only a few dollars, all you need is 10 o-rings, top & bottom are the same.

It is more likely that the fuel smell was from the Evap system/charcoal cannister.....

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Mustang injector orings are the same and cheaper because it doesnt say volvo. :)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is more likely that the fuel smell was from the Evap system/charcoal cannister.....
Care to elaborate? I don't know much about that system or how it might leak or generate fuel odor. :)

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The evap system is designed to vent accumulated fuel vapors held in the canister back into the inlet pipe on decel & other conditions. You can have vapors under a range of circumstances, stationary vehicle on a dyno is certainly one situation, even if there are no actual leaks.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Hussein, does that mean there's nothing to worry about (and that I dropped $20 for nothing--oh well....)?

Did the O ring replacement work? Yes, I'm finally on SS :)
Hey welcome to my favorite penpal from VS!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts