SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I’m a brand new member, I’ve had my Volvo 960 for almost a year.

In that time I’ve managed to recondition the master slave cylinder, done all the full servicing, I’ve replaced the starter motor & the fuel rail.

I’m happy tinkering and learning as I go, but I have been struggling with sourcing injectors and would love to get a better understanding of how they work. I suppose I’m faced with 3 options.
1. Fix the 1 failed injector
2. Replace the failed injector
3. Find an alternative set of injectors.

I have the 1995 2.5 manual version, and they have a set of green injectors (code 0280155733) Bosch EV6EL

Long nossle 4 hole v spray pattern 200cc Jettronic. Flow rate 43.5 psi (3 bar) ohm resistance is 15.95

these injectors are very hard to come by, and I can’t find any new ones that are a direct match. The 2nd hand ones are about 3 times the price of new injectors for the 3.0 version.

if I go for alternatives,will it be problematic if they are 215cc with the same ohm resistance and PSI vs. 200cc?

would a conical spray pattern do much difference against a v spray pattern?

Are there any good alternative injectors? What can I get away with & what is non negotiable if I’m looking at a new set to replace the current injectors?

Honestly, I’d rather just have the tools to figure this out for myself, so any points I should keep my attention on are very welcomed. I just don’t want to do any damage which is why I am here. Any rookie mistakes I can avoid would be appreciated.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi folks,

I’m a brand new member, I’ve had my Volvo 960 for almost a year.

In that time I’ve managed to recondition the master slave cylinder, done all the full servicing, I’ve replaced the starter motor & the fuel rail.

I’m happy tinkering and learning as I go, but I have been struggling with sourcing injectors and would love to get a better understanding of how they work. I suppose I’m faced with 3 options.
1. Fix the 1 failed injector
2. Replace the failed injector
3. Find an alternative set of injectors.

I have the 1995 2.5 manual version, and they have a set of green injectors (code 0280155733) Bosch EV6EL

Long nossle 4 hole v spray pattern 200cc Jettronic. Flow rate 43.5 psi (3 bar) ohm resistance is 15.95

these injectors are very hard to come by, and I can’t find any new ones that are a direct match. The 2nd hand ones are about 3 times the price of new injectors for the 3.0 version.

if I go for alternatives,will it be problematic if they are 215cc with the same ohm resistance and PSI vs. 200cc?

would a conical spray pattern do much difference against a v spray pattern?

Are there any good alternative injectors? What can I get away with & what is non negotiable if I’m looking at a new set to replace the current injectors?

Honestly, I’d rather just have the tools to figure this out for myself, so any points I should keep my attention on are very welcomed. I just don’t want to do any damage which is why I am here. Any rookie mistakes I can avoid would be appreciated.
Honestly this is a question for the Volvo 960/965/S/V90 Enthusiastic Cars FB group. Someone there will be able to help you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts