SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I currently have green injectors on my 2002 NA and am looking at replacing with blue injectors from same year T5. Is this a smart move? Will there be any difference? Any tuning required? Thanks
Thomas

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello all,
I currently have green injectors on my 2002 NA and am looking at replacing with blue injectors from same year T5. Is this a smart move? Will there be any difference? Any tuning required? Thanks
Thomas
Injector upgrades should generally be accompanied by an appropriate tune. What other upgrades do you currently have on the car?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If we are talking performance wise then just the intake. All other is cosmetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
If we are talking performance wise then just the intake. All other is cosmetic

General order of mods are:
stage 1:
1. Intake
2. Downpipe/exhaust
stage 2:
3. Tune
Stage 3:
4. injectors, more aggressive tune

Since you have an NA I would definitely try to get it tuned in person on a dyno, most of the mail order tunes are for turbos, and I haven't heard of many people putting a lot of work into NA S60s, but maybe there are? Additionally, even though you have an NA, there are more cost efficient ways to get better performance. Injectors are not cheap.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have any ideas of those cost effective ways? I know about exhaust and tune but other than that I have no clue

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Isn't the NA Denso? I don't know of any Denso tunes for Volvo. Larger injectors for a non turbo car would be a waste of time. Your current injectors can flow more fuel then that engine could ever efficiently burn. The only cost effective additional power I can think of would be gutting the cat, o2 spacer so no CEL, add nitrious oxide kit. Anything more than that you would be better off selling the NA and buying a vehicle already Turbocharged and o from there.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
You can't just throw injectors on, you have to tune it so the computer can properly adjust duty cycle for the additional flow. But, it won't flow more fuel if you don't increase boost or air flow with a bigger turbo.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Isn't the NA Denso? I don't know of any Denso tunes for Volvo.
ARD supposedly can tune the NA Denso's but I do not trust them and wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. Hopefully Rob can learn the Denso software at some point because he's really one of the only tuners I'd trust messing around with my software lol.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
In closed loop the ECU is fully capable of keeping Lambda @ 1 (AFR: 14.7:1) issue is with open loop control the ECU has a map for injector duty cycle. By installing larger injectors and not adjusting the injector map, more fuel will be added and will cause a richer condition than what the ECU has calculated. This will tax performance, sensely waste fuel, and could ruin the catalytic converter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts