SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone noticed their tire pressure out of factory is higher than 35psi (mine is 19" tire)?
I remember it was around 41, 42 psi (don't remember if that reading was after a ride or not), which is high compared to 35 psi on the B pillar label.

Recently my tire pressure monitors set an alert. To my surprise, it didn't indicate which tire is low. I had to measure them one by one.

So what pressure do you usually inflate your tire to?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Anyone noticed their tire pressure out of factory is higher than 35psi (mine is 19" tire)?
I remember it was around 41, 42 psi (don't remember if that reading was after a ride or not), which is high compared to 35 psi on the B pillar label.

Recently my tire pressure monitors set an alert. To my surprise, it didn't indicate which tire is low. I had to measure them one by one.

So what pressure do you usually inflate your tire to?
Typically, cars' tire pressures are set much higher from the factory to help with flat spots occurring during shipment/transit. Some dealers never check or adjust the pressures, some purposely leave them high until the car is sold for the same reason. The car will illuminate the low tire warning light and give you a message in the drivers display, but the Sensus screen is where you go to check which tire is low. If you swipe to the right screen, then go to car status, you'll have the option to check tire pressures.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That makes sense. Guess I will follow the recommend 35 psi. I kind of prefer a little firmer ride.

I did check the Sensus, all 4 tires are in yellow, 3 were around 34 psi, and one was 33, so I thought it can't distinguish which one is low. Curious what is the resolution of the pressure monitors, 1 psi?

·
Registered
116 Posts
My personal service technician recommends me to inflate my XC60 T8's tires to 40.6 psi (2.8 bar). The high pressure might be the cause of my current air suspension problems.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks. That makes sense. Guess I will follow the recommend 35 psi. I kind of prefer a little firmer ride.

I did check the Sensus, all 4 tires are in yellow, 3 were around 34 psi, and one was 33, so I thought it can't distinguish which one is low. Curious what is the resolution of the pressure monitors, 1 psi?
If all four were in yellow, that was telling you that all 4 were low. When they are correct, they display green. After you adjust the pressure correctly, you must hit the calibration button on the same screen where you view the pressures.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
I pump to 38psi on T8. Feel the recommended 35psi is low to me though ride is more comfort. My intention is to reduce wear on shoulder of tires.
It will become higher on road in summer, so 40psi is kind of top for me.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I have the 21 inch wheels and tires on my 2017 XC90 T8. The sticker inside the door recommends 42 lbs. of pressure "cold". So It would depend on the tire size you are running. 21s and 22s have shallow sidewalls and probably need the higher air pressure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts