SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm fairly new here, although I've been lurking for a while. My wife is a current owner of a 2018 XC60 and I loved the Volvo experience so much that I'm looking to get my own Volvo.

Anyway, to my question, which I didn't see anything via search: I'm wondering if anyone here can provide me their experience with infant seats in the S60. Do you find that they fit reasonably well? Any issues? Is in-out difficult because of the low ride height with the sport chassis? The XC60 will be the main transporter but obviously the S60 would need to be able to transport as well.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm fairly new here, although I've been lurking for a while. My wife is a current owner of a 2018 XC60 and I loved the Volvo experience so much that I'm looking to get my own Volvo.

Anyway, to my question, which I didn't see anything via search: I'm wondering if anyone here can provide me their experience with infant seats in the S60. Do you find that they fit reasonably well? Any issues? Is in-out difficult because of the low ride height with the sport chassis? The XC60 will be the main transporter but obviously the S60 would need to be able to transport as well.

Thanks for any help.

Big concern for me as well before I bought the car. I actually went and (lightly) installed our car seat in the back of an S60 on the lot before committing.

No issues for us. It's a little cramped, but no more so than your XC60 (we have an XC90 as well.) We had a Britax infant seat and recently swapped over to a Graco car seat. Both fit fine. I did have to buy an extra sun shade for the back passenger window with the new car seat since it does not have a sun shade attached.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply, very helpful. We actually decided to go with an XC90 instead (apples and oranges, am I right?) for the prospect of our family growing more and deciding to do something different - this will be my first personal SUV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thank you for the reply, very helpful. We actually decided to go with an XC90 instead (apples and oranges, am I right?) for the prospect of our family growing more and deciding to do something different - this will be my first personal SUV.
Big change! XC90 is awesome too. You'll love it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on the XC90! Just in case any other parents are interested: we have a 2019 V60 which has the same rear legroom as the S60. A rear-facing child seat on the passenger side works fine - you only sacrifice a little front seat legroom. I’m 5’ 11” and can sit in front of the child seat no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts