SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got a V90CC T5 a week ago. So far I’m loving it. I’ll post pics later as it’s been raining a bit since I got it. I have question on the Individual drive mode.

Can this drive mode be saved to my Driver profile? I’ve been saving it but upon the next start up, it’s back to Comfort mode. I don’t want to use Dynamic mode as I’d like to get better mileage. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Hi,

I just got a V90CC T5 a week ago. So far I’m loving it. I’ll post pics later as it’s been raining a bit since I got it. I have question on the Individual drive mode.

Can this drive mode be saved to my Driver profile? I’ve been saving it but upon the next start up, it’s back to Comfort mode. I don’t want to use Dynamic mode as I’d like to get better mileage. Thanks for the help.
I don’t think so. It has not been a feature to date so far with MY16+ XC90s and I don’t recall it.

You can check out the Stickie on Driver profiles at the top of the MY16 + SPA XC90 forum as I am confident that same request it was discussed there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Hi,

The car will always start in comfort mode and then you can switch to your individual mode. Your car will not start in individual mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
549 Posts
The car will always start in comfort mode and then you can switch to your individual mode. Your car will not start in individual mode.

It is sad to see that the Kia Sorrento, I am renting in Florida right now, remembers your last Drive Mode setting but our Volvo doesn't. Sad but true, oh well.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It is sad to see that the Kia Sorrento, I am renting in Florida right now, remembers your last Drive Mode setting but our Volvo doesn't. Sad but true, oh well.
Really?thats what you call sad?

·
Registered
320 Posts
My previous Subaru had drive modes similar to the current Volvo’s. Sport+ was the top performance drive mode and the car wouldn’t let you shift to it until the engine was warmed up. If that was the last drive mode you were in, it would default to sport mode. I’m assuming this was done to protect the turbo, but I think Volvo does it for fuel mileage reasons.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
My previous Subaru had drive modes similar to the current Volvo’s. Sport+ was the top performance drive mode and the car wouldn’t let you shift to it until the engine was warmed up. If that was the last drive mode you were in, it would default to sport mode. I’m assuming this was done to protect the turbo, but I think Volvo does it for fuel mileage reasons.
My BMW F32 also would default to normal mode and I’d have manually switch to sport mode too. It was one button push faster.....

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think it would be a stretch to call it sad. The way the EPA regulations work is that you have to rate the car in the mode it starts in. If it starts in Comfort all the time, then Volvo can give it an EPA rating for Comfort mode. Kia has chosen to allow the drive mode to latch, so they have to rate the Sorrento in the worst-performing drive mode.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I agree that calling it "sad" might be a little extreme...but, how else could you call it when Volvo doesn't give you the options other lower class manufacturers do. For example, the same Kia gives me the option to choose the amount of blinks the soft touch directional will do, 3, 5 or 7 blinks, remembers your drive mode settings, media sorting and playing is easier/more logical than Volvo. That's where I'm disappointed at the brand.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I agree that calling it "sad" might be a little extreme...but, how else could you call it when Volvo doesn't give you the options other lower class manufacturers do. For example, the same Kia gives me the option to choose the amount of blinks the soft touch directional will do, 3, 5 or 7 blinks, remembers your drive mode settings, media sorting and playing is easier/more logical than Volvo. That's where I'm disappointed at the brand.
Other "lower" manufacturers do not approach building and operating a vehicle in the same holistic manner (and with the safety/environmental focus) that Volvo has. KIA may cater to that sort of satisfaction and other "creature comforts" but you have to look at the overall picture, at the forest and not just the trees.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Other "lower" manufacturers do not approach building and operating a vehicle in the same holistic manner (and with the safety/environmental focus) that Volvo has. KIA may cater to that sort of satisfaction and other "creature comforts" but you have to look at the overall picture, at the forest and not just the trees.
I agree to some degree. The V90 is a technological wonder, from design to engine to features, so I don't see the reason why Volvo doesn't let you customize more. It could only help them differentiate their product even more. Oh well, I still prefer my V90 over many other brands

Sent from my XZ2 Compact using Tapatalk

·
Registered
667 Posts
I see that you have two 2019 Volvos. Can you please tell me if they've re-allowed drivers to turn off the automatic door locking when the car starts moving? Prior to 2017 or 2018 Volvos, you could disable this, but the 2018 models did not allow you to stop the doors from automatically locking on you when the car starts to move. I'm hoping that Volvo will again allow this de-activation.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I drive a 2018 V90 CC and there it´s possible to switch off the automatically door locking. Perhaps it depends on the country configuration?

·
Registered
667 Posts
I drive a 2018 V90 CC and there it´s possible to switch off the automatically door locking. Perhaps it depends on the country configuration?
Ah... interesting... It's very frustrating that Europeans get soooo many more options to choose from than Americans do (we get very few options, and even less colors to choose from). I wish that I could just buy a car through European dealerships and ship it home; even our Overseas Delivery option -- while giving us a few more options than available when delivered directly to the US -- does not allow many of the options that Europeans can get. :confused: :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
From what I read in other threads it has to do with USA laws and regulations. Volvo needs to default the car to auto-stop to meet some EPA thing or another, and since you can turn that off in an individual driving mode they can't default you to your individual driving mode. There may be other EPA economy settings that they need to default to as well that can be switched off in individual mode.

Perhaps the Kia doesn't comply with those, or doesn't offer an option to switch them off in their driver modes.

·
Registered
911 Posts
From what I read in other threads it has to do with USA laws and regulations. Volvo needs to default the car to auto-stop to meet some EPA thing or another, and since you can turn that off in an individual driving mode they can't default you to your individual driving mode. There may be other EPA economy settings that they need to default to as well that can be switched off in individual mode.

Perhaps the Kia doesn't comply with those, or doesn't offer an option to switch them off in their driver modes.
Or their fleet emissions are within bounds, so that they don't have to do that on one or any of their models.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

Yes, my understanding is that the stop-start default is necessary to receive the EPA MPG rating taken while the vehicle had stop-start in operation. I thought I read that Volvo has changed this for the 2019 cars, at least for the XC40. I noticed that the EPA MPG rating for XC40 's has dropped a tic from '19 to '20 model years. I take those of you with '19 S/V90's still have the default comfort start-stop?

Btw, I always change my drive-mode to Individual or Polestar to avoid this.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yes, my understanding is that the stop-start default is necessary to receive the EPA MPG rating taken while the vehicle had stop-start in operation. I thought I read that Volvo has changed this for the 2019 cars, at least for the XC40. I noticed that the EPA MPG rating for XC40 's has dropped a tic from '19 to '20 model years. I take those of you with '19 S/V90's still have the default comfort start-stop?

Btw, I always change my drive-mode to Individual or Polestar to avoid this.
With the 2019s I think the start/stop feature can be deactivated fully and retained as part of the driver profile, even in the comfort setting.

·
Registered
28 Posts
With the 2019s I think the start/stop feature can be deactivated fully and retained as part of the driver profile, even in the comfort setting.
I haven't tried this with my 2019 XC90. I actually like the start/stop feature. I do however always switch to Individual mode for the Dynamic suspension / steering.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts