SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i have a fmic and dp being shipped to a parcel service by the border, i was thinking that instead of picking it up, driving back and get it installed here, that i make a small trip out of it and go to grand forks/fargo or minnieapolis. get it installed there, do some shopping and then go home. so i am looking for an indie shop with a good reputation and has some experience with our caRs.

while i am in the states id be done for a small meet and greet if anyone is in the area

thanks
oskar

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
hmm....fargo is tough...there is one pretty good shop that does some (very limited, not many around there) Volvo work there, sports car engineering...check them out.
otherwise minneapolis is pretty weak too.....
they are not bad installs, maybe DIY?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
hmm....fargo is tough...there is one pretty good shop that does some (very limited, not many around there) Volvo work there, sports car engineering...check them out.
otherwise minneapolis is pretty weak too.....
they are not bad installs, maybe DIY?
in MN (cities)
http://www.swedishmotorsmn.com/

Justin (who owns shop) has done atleast one install I believe. I had him do my tme exhaust/dp on mine when I was in a hurry. He may or may not remember me, It's been a while since I've been to him. It was at his old shop as well. He has access to vida as well. he was a mechanic at one of the local dealers before going out on his own. He's worked on several of our cars and is familiar with the R.

Ryan

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome thanks, ill have a look into them. if i do get it installed there you guys up for a meet? id have to be during the week thou since i work that weekend :(

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
them = 1 man,at-least it was a while back. Possibly could meet up for a quick meet/drink someplace depending on when. Warpedcow is usually down for this. Just post in the Mn R guys thread.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?105535-Mn-R-guys/page47

:thumbup:

also, there might be other shops as well that people have recommended in the past if you read through some of that thread.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds good, oh and them as in garbergtsi recommendation and yours :p

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had the Viva FMIC installed by Justin, ran into a few issues with shipping and it was an insurance claim. Short story is it took over 4 weeks to install the FMIC into my car. I think he worked on it for over a week to get it to fit just right. Something you may want to talk to him about before making the trip. He'll probably be able to do it much faster now that he did mine, but it did take way longer then I expected. Nice guy though and did some excellent work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts