SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had the chance to test this out on an iPhone so hopefully someone can chime in if they have Android as well. But basically whenever an address is tapped on within the contacts section, it gets inputted into navigation in a completely re-arranged way, so the navigation doesn't recognize it and I have to manually input my destination. Take this example:

To sum it up, the information is supposed to be parsed as:

[#][Street][City][State][Zip]

But instead it is switched around to:

[State][City][#][Street][Zip]

Anyone else run into this issue? To note, yes it's absolutely correct on the iPhone, tested in all the navigation apps just fine. Even going into my actual contacts app on the Mac it shows up correctly. Surely this is a bug in Sensus, and should be addressed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's a really annoying thing .. I can confirm this is not working for iPhone contacts.
Also noticed when I've type an address that one of the big city near Toronto, Mississauga it's missing from my Nav. Oh and other small bugs with Nav. Hope they will fix this.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's been so long since any car built-in navigation was as good at either address searches or re-routing with live traffic info as a smart phone, that I almost never use the car nav for anything other than taking me home. It would be great, though, if the Sensus system could actually be a leap forward like this -- it would seem that it certainly has the capacity to do that, but the software hasn't caught up yet. Hopefully November...

·
Registered
283 Posts
Can you try to create a new contact with different information in the fields, as in : street in the state and etc? To check whether it's a matter of the os picking up the incorrect fields or if it's detecting the incorrect field type?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you try to create a new contact with different information in the fields, as in : street in the state and etc? To check whether it's a matter of the os picking up the incorrect fields or if it's detecting the incorrect field type?

Just tried it with a contact that had the fields switched as to how Sensus would (incorrectly) parse addresses, and clicking on the address doesn't yield anything at all. Funnily enough I think Sensus sees it's in an invalid format so it doesn't even bother going into navigation and searching.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ah that sucks in that case. Mine is still in process so I cannot help you further :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts