SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately my car seems to have a whole lot of hesitation. It pulls fine under mild acceleration until anywhere between 2 and 3000 rpms, then it gets bucky and acceleration is just plain awful. I had ipd's first generation TCV, which i heard was troublesome, so i just bought the new ARD tuning valve. After replacing the valve the problem seemed to go away but cam back after just a few days of driving. If i unplug the TCV and plug it back in, the same thing happens. My boost gage will spike to 13 or so under hard acceleration but if i hold the pedal in the exact same spot, the boost slowly drops. I have no check engine light on, but i'm not sure if i plug in a obd2 tester it will tell me something like misfire or bad o2 sensor... Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
miles on car?
when was the last time you changed plugs? can cause driveability issues
when was the last time you changed coils? can cause driveability issues
when was the last time you looked under the spark plug cover? checking for leaky oil cap gasket, and oil in spark plug holes
when was the last time you did fuel filter replacement?

all these are questions to check state of health on vehicle.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im running with 88k miles. The last 15K all city miles. I changed the plugs about 7k miles ago. I've never changes the coils, but i thought if i had a bad one i would get some sort of CEL. I have looked under the spark plug cover when i installed the upper engine mount and did see a little bit of oil under there. I assumed like my last volvo it was from a leaky oil cap... Not sure if there's a bigger issue there. And i did replace the fuel filter along with a new PEM module and relocation about 6k ago. The instructions from the new TCV said nothing about a break in procedure and i'm wondering if i should try the IPD instructions to see if that helps. I'm checking under the spark plug cover to see if i have any new oil under there. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
miles on car?
when was the last time you changed plugs? can cause driveability issues
when was the last time you changed coils? can cause driveability issues
when was the last time you looked under the spark plug cover? checking for leaky oil cap gasket, and oil in spark plug holes
when was the last time you did fuel filter replacement?

all these are questions to check state of health on vehicle.
Could these explain why power cycling his TCV temporarily corrects the problem? I am asking the question because I am unsure, not trying to be a smartass.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
im running with 88k miles. The last 15K all city miles. I changed the plugs about 7k miles ago. I've never changes the coils, but i thought if i had a bad one i would get some sort of CEL. I have looked under the spark plug cover when i installed the upper engine mount and did see a little bit of oil under there. I assumed like my last volvo it was from a leaky oil cap... Not sure if there's a bigger issue there. And i did replace the fuel filter along with a new PEM module and relocation about 6k ago. The instructions from the new TCV said nothing about a break in procedure and i'm wondering if i should try the IPD instructions to see if that helps. I'm checking under the spark plug cover to see if i have any new oil under there. Thanks for the help.
Could be a leaky cap but could also be a leaking PCV tube. Check the tube next to the oil filler hole and see if it's cracked or torn. Have you replaced the PCV system? Mine was shot at 78K

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the whole PCV system failed about 10k miles ago. Allready fixed.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
why i ask about the oil cap gasket and plugs and stuff. oil filled my #2, 3 and 4 spark plug holes from thje leaky cap.

what kind of plugs you get?

did you ever change out the fuel filter? here is mine, and all the gunk that came out of it.

here are my plugs when i pulled them out, i used OEM volvo as replacements

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So i finally gave in and brought the car to the local dealership. Turns out the problem was a bad clutch pedal sensor. I was told when the sensor fails, the car boosts irregularly... Damn sensors. Cheap fix. I finally have a turbocharged car again.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts