SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I had an incident with a raccoon that was about the size of a baby bear. Needless to say, my car is undriveable. I've made an insurance claim and the adjuster said the following parts need to be replaced:<p>Front Bumper cover<br>Shield, Lower Air<br>Duct, Air Intake<br>Condenser, A/C<br>Radiator <p>I was looking at these parts:<br><A HREF="http://www2.swedishpartswholesale.com/parts/parts1/swedishpartswholesale/wizard.jsp?year=2004&make=VO&model=S60-4WDT-003&category=G&part=Radiator&dp=true&appTransmissionType=Manual" TARGET="_blank">Radiator</A><br><A HREF="http://www2.swedishpartswholesale.com/parts/parts1/swedishpartswholesale/wizard.jsp?year=2004&make=VO&model=S60-4WDT-003&category=R&part=A%2FC+Condenser&dp=true" TARGET="_blank">A/C Condenser</A><p>Can anyone recommend which one to get, or if I should look somewhere else.<p>Thanks for any help you can provide.<p>

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Incident with raccoon...need part advice/help (tprender1)

Welcome to Swedespeed, Tom.<p>If you plan to keep your R long-term (YES!) then consider going the extra $$$ with Volvo-only parts.<p>George Dill<p>

·
Registered
13,505 Posts

Welcome to Swedespeed! <p>There is a pretty active R thread over in the other section. <p>Are you planning on doing the work yourself?<p>I was in an accident a few months back and the bodyshop used all oem stuff.<p>Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Incident with raccoon...need part advice/help (gdill2)

Considering I got the car about 6 weeks ago I don't plan on getting something else, I love it!<p>On that page which one is the OEM one? There are a couple different ones... Thanks for the help...<p>Also, I was looking for a section specific to Rs, can anyone send me a link, kinda new at this...<p>Thanks.

·
Registered
13,505 Posts

It's over here.<p><A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zeroforum?id=51" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zeroforum?id=51</A><p>Under FWD/AWD.

·
Registered
13,505 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>tprender1</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>On that page which one is the OEM one? There are a couple different ones... Thanks for the help...<p></TD></TR></TABLE><p>It looks like the top one on each page fits the R. Whether it is OEM or not, you would have to ask the seller.<p>How will you handle the air conditioning work?<p>The other stuff should be pretty easy. The bumper cover comes off in around 10 minutes with a helper.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: Incident with raccoon...need part advice/help (Wayne T5)

Tom;<p>Just left the animal hospital in Hartford - the '**** says "Hi!"<p>The vet is using salvage roadkill parts for the lower lip...<p>George Dill<p>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Incident with raccoon...need part advice/help (gdill2)

actually, i went back the next day and the thing looked like spaghetti...for a quarter mile...

·
Registered
5 Posts

Just thought I'd add my own Volvo racoon experience.<p>A couple of days after taking delivery of my new 2005 XC70, the driverside window seperated from it's lift mechanism with a horrendous crack. I took it back to the dealer but they didn't have a loner car for me to take and asked me to bring it back in the morning. Unable to get the window up past halfway I left the car in the driveway over-night not thinking too much would happen - it was summer and there's very little foot traffic on my street. <p>The next morning I opened the car to find muddy footprints all over the inside. A racoon has gotten in - probaly attracted by the smell of an open packet of chips my son left in the car. It was a mess. And it stunk. Fortunately I'd allowed the dealership to talk me into getting the upholstery sealer (can't remember what it's called) and after they detailed the car it was as good as new again. <p>Nigel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts