SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Apologize if this has been covered before as I have done some research and comes up short.

In the used market, I came across two 2016 used T8. Momentum and R- Design.

Does the R- Design offer any additional suspension upgrades? Stiffer chassis and such? Or is it a pure visual update?!

Also is the R- Design interior going to stand up to the beating with a 3 year old + 2 months old? The interior feels very similar to my P*

Merci!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,699 Posts

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Air suspension in dynamic and comfort is slightly different. R-Design is same as Momentum I think. If available, pick the one with B&W and air suspension. :)

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
382 Posts
If is was me and I was intending to keep for a while I would stay away from air suspension (unless money is no object)

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,740 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
avoid the poormentum, you will be disappointed the moment your butt touches those cheap seats.
That, of course, is in the eye of the beholder.

I find the seats in the RD or the Inscription to be incredibly uncomfortable to me. My suggestion to the OP is to form your own opinion: try them all and choose after trying them, not based on someone else's impression (mine or someone else's).

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have an R design but did prefer the seats in the Inscription but other things made me get the R. If you are 'big boned' then the R design seats might be a bit tight.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
Big boned... lol oh whatever it is ok to say fat.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I have an R design but did prefer the seats in the Inscription but other things made me get the R. If you are 'big boned' then the R design seats might be a bit tight.
As a guy who runs 5+ days a week, I disliked the shoulder contour for the R-design seats and lack of color choice (black seats in the summer). The Momentum seats are great.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just a suggestion, for me it was actually close to the same price for a brand new t8 compared to a used one. If you haven’t see if any dealers will discount one for you.

I got the tax credit, dealer discount and the price in the end was only like 3k more for a brand new one as most dealers are still wanting a ton for the used ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
when was that? you can pick up 2016s with high miles in the low 40s now.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! Yeah totally copy on the seats! They are a bit more “tight - er”.

We picked up the CPO 2016 T8 R- Design yesterday with 27k miles.

Like how it drove better compared to the T8 momentum. inscription has too much chrome.

We love the black on black and black interior. Yeah it sucks in the summer time but want to keep it consistent with the v60 Polestar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Congrats! T8 is simply awesome.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts