SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been in the market for a 2008-2010 S80 V8 with a certain color combo.

Unfortunately finding a car with electric silver on sandstone has appeared to not exist.

Did this combo even exist or are they just super rare?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While I have seen nonV8s I haven’t seen v8s.

That’s why I’m confused if the combo existed with the v8s.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
four years ago I looked at one of the silver/green V8s with the tan interior. I didn't think it aged well so I got a silver/black 07 V8. It passed emissions today with flying colors. 119k. Probably a good time to sell since I am probably shortening my commute by 80%. That's almost 25k a year.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Won`t open, don`t care to see anyway, you pass you pass. You can`t partially pass
The reports may show a trend.
At 60k when I bought the car, and two years ago at 94k the car passed the quick test so I don't have a readout. However, when we bought my wife's 08 XC90 V8 in 17 it also passed the quick test so no readout, but this year with 58k on the clock she got the readout. I compared her car with 58k to my car with 119k. Both were tested by the same machine but 5 months apart. I'm looking for a trend, not a precise dyno run.
HC GPM has a limit of 1.2. Mine is .0194, hers is .0195 = Too close to call
CO GPM has a limit of 15.00. Mine is .4633. Hers is .2637 = I am putting out about 75% more CO than she is.
COs GPM is just a number. Mine is 481.1201. Hers is 477.8008 About 1% difference
NOx GPM has a limit of 1.5 for my '07 and 2.0 for her '08, Mine is .0428 hers is .0406 = about 5% more.

There is a sign in the testing facility that says Colo law requires a car sold has to pass emissions, and it is the sellers responsibility. . That's great for today. But what about next time I have to take either Volvo in for emissions? I now have a baseline, and know both cars are way below the ceiling (as in they passed with flying colors). I also like knowing that even with double the miles, when I sell my S80 (probably in next 2 years) the emissions are well under the pass ceiling, and that the person who buys my car should not have emission issues for a long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts