SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still own my 740 Turbo manual wagon that I picked up in Sweden in 1990. Now I want to go back to Gothenburg in May of 2020 and buy a V60 Polestar engineered hybrid with 415 hp. However, I am reading reports that the T8 hybrids suffer from acceleration hesitation issues, and some people are advising against buying the hybrid and just getting the T5 or T6. Can anyone let me know if the Polestar engineered model still has these issues, or have they been satisfactorily resolved?

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
I still own my 740 Turbo manual wagon that I picked up in Sweden in 1990. Now I want to go back to Gothenburg in May of 2020 and buy a V60 Polestar engineered hybrid with 415 hp. However, I am reading reports that the T8 hybrids suffer from acceleration hesitation issues, and some people are advising against buying the hybrid and just getting the T5 or T6. Can anyone let me know if the Polestar engineered model still has these issues, or have they been satisfactorily resolved?
So far not many people got to drive a V60 or S60 P*Engineered car. We don't even know if any one has got his delivery.
Second, for the issue some people claimed to bother them, you have to try a T8 first to see how much you feel the same issue. Maybe there is a T8 CPO car near your town, like this:
https://cpo.volvocars.us/enus/used-cars/volvo/xc60-ii/xc60-t8-eawd-inscription-nhc4ryt

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's a transmission issue. Not sure why Volvo didn't go with the ZF like everyone else. In my 2019 T6 its better with Polestar but still there depending on when you hit the gas.
Not sure about the T8, if it's worse then the T6 that's dangerous.

Why I will always miss my 6spd :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts