SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm new here. I have a V60 T4F with around 2,000 km (1,250 miles) on it. I feel that my car is too firm for my taste and for my daily driving (I live in Thailand where the roads are not silky smooth). My car has 17" wheels with standard suspension. I wonder if there is any way to soften the suspension. I'm thinking of changing shock absorber to KONI FSD. I drive this car and I also drive a C200K AV, 16" wheels (W203) which provide me a lot of comfort. Even my wife can notice the difference from the first time in the Volvo. Any suggestion? :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hello. I'm new here. I have a V60 T4F with around 2,000 km (1,250 miles) on it. I feel that my car is too firm for my taste and for my daily driving (I live in Thailand where the roads are not silky smooth). My car has 17" wheels with standard suspension. I wonder if there is any way to soften the suspension. I'm thinking of changing shock absorber to KONI FSD. I drive this car and I also drive a C200K AV, 16" wheels (W203) which provide me a lot of comfort. Even my wife can notice the difference from the first time in the Volvo. Any suggestion? :)
16" wheels and tires would be the biggest move towards a more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Wait. I found my car (T6 dynamic suspension, 17 inch rims) was firm at the beginning, and I came from a Lexus. After a few months, the suspension loosened up a bit and its more tolerable.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Wait. I found my car (T6 dynamic suspension, 17 inch rims) was firm at the beginning, and I came from a Lexus. After a few months, the suspension loosened up a bit and its more tolerable.
Even my R-D with its 18" wheels has softened up as I've gotten more miles on the car.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I swapped out the rear shocks and springs on my wife's XC60 R-Design for the softer touring springs/shocks, but in your case it looks like you already have the softest factory suspension. The 16" rims MIGHT provide a slight improvement, but I would not expect much. I went from 16's to 17's on my wife's 530i a couple of years ago and while the difference was noticeable (i.e. it got firmer in my case of course) it was not dramatic. Still, every little bit helps in suspension tuning. If you do this swap, you should also read reviews on Tire Rack's website looking for specific tires geared more toward comfort than sport.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts