SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i just purchased a Midnight Blue 2008 Volvo S40 2.4i, and was wondering what suggestions you guys could provide as to improving the look of the car. Thank You.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hood scoop, big ***** wing and flame decals!!!

Jokes, don't do any of those.

Honestly just get yourself some lowering springs and some nice wheels and you got yourself a nice, clean car. Maybe get artistic and paint your calipers /personalize it a bit. Other than that you don't really need to go crazy, they're awesome looking cars even when they're stock.

Have fun with it

But if you do want to go crazy, like many of us here there's a decent amount of options!

Edit: didn't know they censor the word rice-er haha

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
if you want street cred. just get some 19x9 wheels. lower it all the way. take the front bumper off and add a bunch of stickers (crooked on the back windshield).
Just kidding.
The one guy who i saw on the forum here on, coilovers w/ 19" wheels' had one of the best looking cars at the time. ^and although im making fun of a certain style, done right-- it does look good.

here's some functional stance.

If your broke like most of us though, get lowering springs and a decent set of 18's.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Wash it

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think lowering the car - whether by new springs or coilovers - helps the look of S40s more than anything else. The ride height of a stock S40 is so high, just astronomically, with huge fender gaps. And a set of springs isn't that expensive either.

There are some before and after pictures here, with Elevate springs, for example. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?210510-Finally-Lowered-it-PICS

That and a nice set of wheels - there are plenty of good Volvo OEM designs. Although if your 2.4i came with the five-spoke wheels, those are good looking wheels as is.

·
Registered
2012 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design
284 Posts
If your broke like most of us though, get lowering springs and a decent set of 18's.
^that made me giggle. But it is a good, simple look on these cars :)

And they seem to be around $250-400 for new ones. But with some searching you may be able to find some second-hand ones that are practically new (or still in the box) for a deal. Elevate, Eibach, H&R are the brands I'm thinking of at the moment. I have Elevate on my S40

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wash it

"Embody god... Then go crazy"
...then clay bar and wax it. Appearance improved!

Also lighting, exterior and interior, are good upgrades for appearance and function.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'm still looking for one in the U.S. but I think the badgeless eggcrate grills look awesome. Fogs if you don't already have it and the silver turn signal bulbs for the front lights look good. There are lots of little accents that look great just browse people's threads

1 - 12 of 12 Posts