SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For what it's worth, and the information of possible first time Volvo buyers, I'd like to post my thoughts about my first Volvo, a V70 2.5T AWD. Bottom line: absolutely no regrets.

I already owned a 1991 Saab 9000 and a 1988 Subaru GL wagon at the time. They were both good cars, and we'd owned them for years - the Subaru was virtually indestructible - and both were running fine when they were finally sold.

The decision to buy the Volvo came down to two cars: the V70 AWD, and the Saab 9-5 wagon. While the specs showed almost identical cargo space, the Volvo seemed larger inside. However, the Saab had a more powerful engine, and genuine wood inlays. Each offered European delivery, which is what we wanted. The tipping point: Saab did not offer AWD. We went for the Volvo.

We flew to Sweden on Volvo's dime and picked up the car at the appointed time. It was delivered in flawless condition. I drove it around Europe a bit, then awaited its arrival at the nearest dealer to my home in Oregon. It arrived in perfect shape.

Last week, the car passed the 15,000 mile point. I've brought it to a dealer for its first two scheduled services, which were both paid for by Volvo. Here's what amazes me: never once has the car developed the slightest mechanical or electrical problem. It's started every time, run without hesitation, and swallowed huge amounts of cargo with no fuss. Everything works! I don't know how it's possible for a vehicle to perform better.

Keep in mind, it IS a full sized car. I can't turn as tightly as some cars, but that's hardly been a problem. I have done additional oil changes at my own expense, but that's just me. I like the feeling the car has, a solid feeling. I know it has some weight and is not a tin box on wheels. It does require premium fuel, and will probably never win any "highest mpg" award. That said, I am absolutely convinced I made the right decision.

Hope this helps someone on the brink of a decision of which car to buy. Based on my experience up to this minute, I'd do it again in a heart beat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Where can you read about the basics of the OSD program? I see there's a whole forum about OSD but I didn't see a post where it outlined the basic fundamentals of the actual OSD, it just has people talking about the OSD!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts