SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is planning on going to the Import showoff on June 9th? We need to get a volvo crowd going show those honda's what's up. If anyone needs any info or directions let me know

Andy

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Andy, I'll be there for sure. With C70 or the 850...we'll have to see what's up with EIP.
Michael, would you consider taking my car there? Hehehe...or we can meet after the show and let you try out my 240. Matt seems to like it. If you ask me, the 240 handles a lot better and feels a lot safer cornering than the 850.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I will give it a shot. If my schedule allows, that is. As far as the 240 goes, wild ride! I never thought that a car like that could feel so good. (Mmmmmm, sounds strange in a way...) Well you get the point. Anyhow, I will try to go. Kai, if I still have a GF by then I will have her drive my 850 and I can take your 850 so that you can have the C70 there with all of the other cars. Then we will show honda what real cars look and feel like.

Prospero

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Kai, I'm probably going to bring my car if I have time to go to the show (may need to help my dad move some car parts). I'm having my springs and shocks installed on Monday, finally! (Jamex/Bilstein). What else have you done to your 240 other than the Recaro seats? Do you have any pictures of the car?

If you're still looking for turbo wheels, there's an ad for a set at the IPD classifieds ($250), and there's also an ad for a set of new Jamex springs for $225 if you're interested.

I found this at VWvortex about the GMU show:
http://www.importstreetscene.com/

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Michael:
That's cool, just thought I ask. Yeah, it's got every suspension upgrades from IPD...yeah, I know...should of gone with the other brand for the strut tower brace. For the spring, I got OMP though. The dumb shop didn't know you can use a wire coat hanger to take out the plastic piece from the shock tube, so I am using KYB for the front shocks instead of Bilstein for all four corners. That's about all I've done.

I might look into getting the wheel adapter instead since i have a set of 850 Turbo wheels sitting in the garage. Any thought on this?

Yeah, I found the link from Acrua-cl.com hehe...yeah...know few of those CL-S guy there.

One of these days when you get everything suspension parts done on yours, we should compare notes and see the differences. So far, I've been more than happy with the 240's handling...if I can top that with some set of nice wheels, it'll be all good~~

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roll in time for the show is 10am. I plan on being there around 10-10:30. I think the show is supposed to start at 12.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I was there after 3Pm and fell asleep while walking through the isles. Not my cup of tea. Shame I wasted my fuel going. Betcha you guys didn't stay too long either. I was there long enough to make a lap and leave.

Prospero

1 - 9 of 9 Posts