SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I tried to do a search, but couldn't find anything....but....<p>Today I tried starting the car as usual, but nothing at all happened. No lights on the dash, no electronics, nothing. The hazards and break lights wouldn't even operate. So I tried taking the key out and it wouldn't budge. I couldn't switch it to the off position to take it out. <p>I went back to the car a few minutes later and the dash said something ab out SRS and then quickely switched to Steering Failure Service Required. <p>Anybody have this problem before? If the car starts again with no problems would it be safe to drive it to the dealership?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: Immobilizer (chrisV50t)

Have you recently done anything with your battery? My car did the exact same stuff when I accidentally forgot to tighten the battery connections completely. After tightening them the car worked perfect.<br>Might give it a try even if you haven't done anything with your battery as it might have just slowly loosened. Easy fix if so, if not good luck!

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: Immobilizer (chrisV50t)

Wouldnt be the first key stuck in the SCU ive seen. Usually requires being towed to the dealer and having us remove the SCU and pry the key out of it and then replace with a new one. You can try doing some battery reset tricks or something but odds are its gone bosoms on you.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Re: Immobilizer (ForceFed Motorsports)

I had the exact same problem TODAY. Funny coincidence. <p>Turns out my battery was completely dead. I turned my key, it clicked and everything went dead and the key got stuck. Luckily, a few seconds later electronics blinked and I was able to turn the key to off. I guess it was the battery giving it's last breath.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Re: Immobilizer (40 Rouge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>40 Rouge</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess it was the battery giving it's last breath.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>LOL

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah, my battery is fully charged. I ended up getting the key out. Slots I and II work just fine, however once I clutch in and turn to III everything goes blank. Even the gauges stay stuck. I'll have to make an appointment tomorrow...

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Re: (chrisV50t)

hmm now that sounds weird to me .....<br><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>chrisV50t</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nah, my battery is fully charged. I ended up getting the key out. Slots I and II work just fine, however once I clutch in and turn to III everything goes blank. Even the gauges stay stuck. I'll have to make an appointment tomorrow...</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Good Luck keep us posted !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts