SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2006 V50 T5 AWD. Recently I've been having issues getting it started. Sometimes it just won't turn on for ~15 minutes, but sitting with the key in the ignition will allow it to start.

So today, it didn't start. After sitting in there for the regular time period without success, I decided to turn the key to try and take it out. When I turned it to position 1, I got ONLY the immobilizer message. I tried the lock/unlock method of resetting it, and it didn't work. So I went to check the connections in the passenger footwell. During this time, I bumped the seat adjustments.

This is where it gets weird. I put the key in the ignition, and while it was sitting in position 1, I adjusted the passenger side seat. (Power seats) Doing so made the error message go away, but only while I was keeping continuous pressure on the buttons. As soon as the seat stopped moving, the error message reappeared.

I called Volvo roadside assistance, and they said the only thing they could do was send someone to tow my car to the stealer. So I called AAA, and they're sending someone out to look at it. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I'd really like to not have to spend gobs of money at the dealership.

TL;DR: My car's immobilizer randomly enabled and the message goes away when I mess with other electrics. What's wrong? It would seem to be a faulty ECU or problem with my fuses. My car passed inspection <2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a similar problem a few months ago, after going through all the steps, different key, key codes in using manual key in door, disconnecting battery and so on, even asked the dealer if they had a clue, typical response "tow it in" well that just motivated me to fix it myself, I took apart lower dash and panel that holds the inside air temp sensor I was able to gain enough access to unplug the wiring to the sensor ring, looked like the wires were bent at a weird angle, plugged it back in and no problems since then.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a similar problem a few months ago, after going through all the steps, different key, key codes in using manual key in door, disconnecting battery and so on, even asked the dealer if they had a clue, typical response "tow it in" well that just motivated me to fix it myself, I took apart lower dash and panel that holds the inside air temp sensor I was able to gain enough access to unplug the wiring to the sensor ring, looked like the wires were bent at a weird angle, plugged it back in and no problems since then.
I might check that after it gets back from the stealer. I'm not sure just where you're talking about though, could you give me a better idea? Maybe some pictures of the area I should be looking in?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts