SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I parked my S60 in the driveway on friday (before the mini blizzard) and didn't touch it (other than to brush off snow), and now the car won't start.
I went to it, unlocked it with the fob and went to start it and it just cranked and cranked and cranked until it told me was the immobilizer. I attempted the immobilizer reset procedure and it would sputter to a few hundred RPMs and then nothing. Then I tried the other key, crank-crank-crank-crank sputters on to 2,000 RPMs and then sputters to death. Lather-rinse-repeat, same results but now with both keys.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This happened to me in my 01 s60 t5m before and it ended up being the neutral safety starter inhibitor.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-neutral-safety-starter-inhibitor-switch-s60-c70-v70-s70

Anyhow, before you go part swapping ... try locking and unlocking your doors 5 times with the remote.
Thanks for your reply! No luck with the locking and unlocking.
So with that being your issue, was is starting at all? Because mine is kind of starting for a fraction of second.
Thanks!

Afterthought:
Is it possible to override that for diagnostic purposes? It looks like it's just a cable

·
Registered
661 Posts
You locked and unlocked 5 times?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You locked and unlocked 5 times?
With the remote, yes. Tried it where I was only unlocking the driver door (one click) and then with unlocking all doors (two clicks).
I think the car is mad at me because I'm getting rid of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts