1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
:)

They work well. I have one if you're interested in seeing it in person.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Just went to their official site to see this:

Current Products are not Compatible with iPhone 5
Fri. September 14, 2012 - 05:19PM (11 days ago)

Our current products are not compatible with the iPhone 5 or any product with the “Lightning Connector”.
We are working on new designs which will be compatible with this connector (and Android devices): either directly connected or via BlueTooth.
Expect that our first new models will be released by end of November.
Details to follow in October.
Your iMIV Team.
Dammit, I was hoping it was.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
With the need of the authentication chip, it might be longer than that before they come out. Let's hope not.
All the more reason to keep my 4S.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
With the need of the authentication chip, it might be longer than that before they come out. Let's hope not.
All the more reason to keep my 4S.
agreed. anyone notice a delay in switching songs with ios 6 vs. ios 5???

·
Registered
172 Posts
At the moment you can not purchase the unit. The site stated they have all been discontinued. I sent an email and they replied that they hope to have some soon.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Possiblility of BT. Yay! The lack of it is why I have been using a GROM instead of IMiV.

Admittedly, the GROM works just fine. Except that I do not get text, and steering wheel controls do not seem to change the track over BT.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Has anybody tested the functionality of the iPhone 5 with the adapter and either GROM, USA Spec or, iMiv?
I'll try it anyway, but I have yet to find the adapter available. It's sold out on Apple's site and non-existant in stores.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I'll try it anyway, but I have yet to find the adapter available. It's sold out on Apple's site and non-existant in stores.
Yup, I ordered one from Amazon and it hasn't shipped yet. Supposedly, the 5 works with Sensus through USB, steering controls and all, so I'm hopeful. I'm not surprised iMiv is denying compatibility since they spent all that time getting Apple approved.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts