SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a little confused as a long time iMIV user about which cable should be used with the new iPods. So, I asked Sensolutions for some help and here is what they said:<p> The LE can **only** work with the iPod cable that has the blue end. This is because the LE nativly supports charging of the iPhone and iTouch. Simply put, that is the only option for the LE.<p>The original iMIV currently has two iPod cable variations, the iG3 and the "old one." (Good name eh?...) The iG3 supports charging of the iPhone/iTouch whereas the old iPod cable does not. <br> <br>The reason why one cable charges new Apple products and the other doesn't is that the iMIV was designed to use Apple's (now old) firewire charging standard, when they phased it out we had to develop a cable that would convert this to the new usb charging standard. The "old cable" is being phased out, that is: when they are gone, they are gone for good.<br>

·
Banned
286 Posts
Re: iMIV or iMIV/LE iPod Cables; Which one with the iPhone/iTouch? Sensolution's answer. (MrTippy)

As well I'd also like to add that iMIV LE models and iMIV w/iG3 cables will only charge iPods that are <i>past</i> third generation. I know this can get confusing, so the best way to explain it would be that any iPod with the four buttons above the wheel and older will not charge. Audio however will still work. <BR><BR>
<i>Modified by iMIV Support at 10:45 AM 8-5-2009</i>

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Re: iMIV or iMIV/LE iPod Cables; Which one with the iPhone/iTouch ... (iMIV Support)

I have the iMIV Rev 2 and I recently installed the new iG3 cable, updated the firmware, video firmware patch for the iG3 cable and picture is choppy and scrolls in black and white. What gives? And I am using Apple's new composite cables compatible with iTouch and iPhone.<p>I also have a first gen iTouch and iPhone 3GS. I can't figure out how to get the video to work; audio is completely fine and great.<p>Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Banned
286 Posts
Kiot, the Volvo RTI system is a PAL system. (Despite sold in an NTSC country) Make sure the iPod/iPhone output is set to this, otherwise you will experience this. <p>As for the iPhone video output, I am not familiar enough with the iPhone to comment immediately, but it should be just a video out setting on it. I will look into it and get back to you.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Re: (iMIV Support)

Thanks! I will try this out as soon as I get home from work.<p>Houston... we have video!!!<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by KiotCloudkicker at 1:50 PM 10-27-2009</i>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts