SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, i'm thinking about getting the new iMIV LE for my S60. However, their website asks if my car is MELBUS equipped? My car is an '08 which i think came with satellite radio prep? is this the MELBUS cable? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Re: iMIV LE ipod integration (iggy637)

Yes. In the rear. If you want your ipod up front you'll need a shorter cable or have to run a long imiv-ipod cable back to the front.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it a hard install to do? how long would you guess on average?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: (iggy637)

If you have the Sat prep cable then it is about the easiest DIY install ever. It should take less then 20 minutes. <p>Basically you'll need to:<br>1. mount the unit (ahesive velcro is great for this).<br>2. attach sat prep cable to unit<br>3. attach ipod cable to unit and run wire to destination for ipod (this is the time consuming part)<br>4. attach power cable to fuse panel using an add-a-circuit<p>click the weblink in my signature for pictures of how to remove panels and do the wiring.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Re: (ss60)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ss60</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">3. attach ipod cable to unit and run wire to destination for ipod (this is the time consuming part)<br></TD></TR></TABLE><p>Time consuming only if the ipod is not stashed in the rear near the iMIV.<br>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts