SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
update: SOLD

I will be removing a few parts from my car this week, and want to offer them to the enthusiast community before sticking them on eBay. This is the system from my S60 as seen here: http://bowers.be/installation
Just want to see if there is any interest here before I throw it all on eBay (I hate eBay)

OEM replica screen. Bought from iMIV.ca back when they carried screens.
-three composite video inputs
-looks identical to stock Volvo screen, even fits the factory mounting brackets.
-wireharness included
-automatically raises out of dash when video signal is detected (i.e. reverse camera, nav, dvd, etc)
-in mint condition

Garmin GVN-53 headless NAV
-outputs to any composite video screen
-wireharness included
-standalone powered speaker included (also has RCA outputs though)
-wireless remote
-can update maps yearly via SDcard
-gps antenna included

·
Registered
907 Posts
Interested.. What are you asking shipped to Demarest, NJ. 07627 :]

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I'm interested in the Garmin but I don't want to insult with a low bid. Ballpark?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Interested.. What are you asking shipped to Demarest, NJ. 07627 :]
I'll ship it for $15

I'm looking for $350 each. (The screens are $600 new and the Garmin is $450 new).

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm interested in the Garmin but I don't want to insult with a low bid. Ballpark?
I'm looking for $350 for the Garmin. I'll check the version, but it has an SD card North America maps update from about a year ago too.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
If I didn't already have the stock system I would be down because Navteq seriously sucks...DVD Nav FTL. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm interested in your screen. A couple of questions for you:

* do you know the resolution on the screen?
* are all inputs RCA?
* I don't have a factory nav, so will this install as it comes or will I need any more parts to make it work?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm interested in your screen. A couple of questions for you:

* do you know the resolution on the screen?
* are all inputs RCA?
* I don't have a factory nav, so will this install as it comes or will I need any more parts to make it work?
- I don't know the screen resolution of the top of my head, it is at least as sharp as any other in car LCD I've seen though.
- yes the inputs are all composite (RCA size connector)
- yes, the screen and garmin unit are all that is needed. *you will need to change the grille cover on your dash though (a relatively cheap part at the dealer)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Are any of these items still available for sale?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
171 Posts
I already have a factory navigation but Navteq kinda sucks, I was thinking to replacing the factory with Garmin, atleast I could update the maps. I don't think there a composite port on the back to the factory RTI dvd reader. What do i need else?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I already have a factory navigation but Navteq kinda sucks, I was thinking to replacing the factory with Garmin, atleast I could update the maps. I don't think there a composite port on the back to the factory RTI dvd reader. What do i need else?

details of the Garmin unit:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=402&pID=10573

You'd need to build an NTSC to RTI adapter. There are a couple people who have done it by making their own circuit boards.
For an off the shelf solution, It can also be done by routing the video through the iMIV classic (imiv.ca), since they have a RTI output cable and an RCA composite aux video input.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Can these items work with a HU-850 Factory Radio. I reviewed your installation tutorial and noticed you had a different model.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It can work with any model of HU - since it is essentially independent (separate speaker, separate control, etc).

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What other parts would you recommend for ipod/aux input integration, and back up camera?
iMIV is the most full featured as far as iPod integration in a Volvo with a HU-4xx,6xx,8xx . I ran a 15ft shielded composite cable from the trunk to the screen in my car, Backup cameras usually have their own video line, which is already long enough.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Screen is gone now too; SOLD. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts