SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so, I drive an s60 with an HU-803. <p>I would prefer to do a front install under the seat. However with the 80cm volvo power cable, i think i would find it impossible for the 80cm to reach from behind the HU to under the passenger seat.<p>I also opened up and looked behind the glove box, but have no idea as to how the unit itself would fit there. <p>I really want to get an iMIV and it seems the support it there(just not the instructions *think pictures*), and every thread i look at of an iMIV install is usually in a R and/or a damned trunk install.<p>So basically i am asking, What exactly is needed for a front under seat install in an s60.<p>What size melbus?<br>what size ipod cable?<br>which power cable(much prefer volvo cable)?

·
Banned
286 Posts
If you are unsure if the 80cm cable will be enough the best thing you can do is grab a piece of string and trace it as close as you can along your intended path and then add a bit of length.<p>As for the iPod cable, the 180cm would easily do it. When it comes to power, the easiest way is certainly the Front Mount Power Cable and Y-Adaptor.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the easiest way for power is the y adapter and volvo power cable, but the only length it comes in is 80cm?<p>is that the only size volvo offers it in as well?

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: iMIV install options/parts needed. (Impulse922)

It would fit pretty easily in the right side of the dash - just pull off the panel on the right end of your dash and you'll see what I mean. <p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts