SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

i'm talking about...

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GrecianVolvo 
#1 ·
i'm talking about the 2002 s40 diesel that's made in holland. and thins model is sold in israel. I have to know if it's a volvo engine or is it got anything to do with any other company.. thanks!
and try not to bring me any more closet stories...

See less See more
#3 ·
For the 2002 S40, here is your answer.

Two new diesel engines are pure Volvo engines.

The engine programme also includes some important news. Two new diesels are being
introduced and extensive changes are being made to turbocharged petrol engines. Both
new diesels will have a displacement of 1.9 litres. One of them develops 85 kW (115
bhp) and has a torque of 265 Nm, while the other offers 75 kW (102 bhp) and torque of
215 Nm. Both these engines are based on the most modern technological solutions,
including common rail. Fuel consumption for both diesel engines is 5.4 l/100 km.

-Drew

#4 ·
It is kind of hard to tell since it is in whatever language they speak in Isreal, but here is what I figured out.

Direct Injection
Turbo Diesel for the S40

Displacement: 1870cc = 1.9 liters
Fuel: Diesel
Power: 85 kW (115 bhp) at 4000 rpm
Torque: 265 Nm at 1750-2500 rpm
Compression Ratio: 19.0:1

In a S40
Acceleration 0-62 mph: 10.5 sec
Top speed: 121 mph

#5 ·
quote:

Originally posted by yuvalgaon:
i'm talking about the 2002 s40 diesel that's made in holland. and thins model is sold in israel. I have to know if it's a volvo engine or is it got anything to do with any other company.. thanks!
and try not to bring me any more closet stories...
A 2002 S40 will use either a Volvo or the VW-produced turbo diesel engine (which is a very good engine).

Yannis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.