SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Are there any common issues with this vehicle that I should be aware of or look for? I'm not finding much online so I'm hoping that's a good sign. The S60 I'm looking at has 68,500 miles. They're asking just under $14k for it.

I did receive carfax and "Body electrical system checked" 5 months before the car was traded in by previous owner. Not sure what that means. It doesn't say that work was done to it. The car does not have the navigational system. My husband and I do any and all mechanical work we can. We have a lift.

This would be my third Volvo :D Yay :D I sold my last Volvo, a '95 850 Turbo back in '05. Wow, time flies!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
usually problems dont show up til the 150k mark

timing belt/tensioner will be due around 100k

common issues hmm, a lot of those were banged out by 2005

only thing i can think of is the fuel door hinge, they tend to break but easy to fix

front end parts are common around 100k (sway bar links, spring seats) just listen for any odd noises when going over bumps

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an 06 that I got with 70k. It now has 98k with no problems. A rattle here and there but easily fixed and I've replaced the front sway bar links. That's all. Haven't had any other issues.

·
Registered
148 Posts
With a AWD check these items also.

- angle gear ( for leaks)
- Drive Axles for leaking
- Also suspension front control arm bushings.

these are jsut some bigger items

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot for your responses. I appreciated it. I decided to go ahead and purchase. I'm looking forward to reading posts here in the forum and learning lots about my new ride!

JoAnne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts