SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like seven months ago I took my r apart to swap in used but not cracked headlights, clean the ic, and a bunch of other small stuff.

Life got hectic and I bought another car to daily drive (05 Jaguar S type R). I've been waffling back and forth on just selling off the R or going all out so to speak and driving it till the wheels fall off. With winter getting here, it was time to either sell it or prepare it for winter.

I decided there wasn't much else I really wanted. Possibly a newer R, but I just didn't have it in me to spend 15-20k on a low miles VR. So I decided to fix a bunch of the small nagging problems.

In all I:
Put 4 sport edition 17" wheels on it with snow tires
IPD intercooler, that I custom coated in NIC gray heat dispersion coating.
IPD silicone turbo inlet pipe, over the engine pipe
Synchronic bov
Power steering flush with new 05 up ps bottle
Oil Change to mobile one 0w30 for the winter with neodinium trash magnet on drain plug
Changed angle gear oil with Amsoil 75w90 SG with neodinium trash magnet on plug
Viva bov block off plate
Eastwood green antirust frame coating in all of the unibody frame rails.
Another new maf sensor, I am for sur not putting the k&n back in this time.
New dipstick as mine was getting worn out and I broke it sitting on the motor
Started on the replacement of all vac hoses with nice silicone.
Replaced used headlights that I cleaned up and resealed.

I also purchased new brake rotors and pads but the rotors have been back ordered. When they show up I will have all new rotors, pads, park brake pads and hardware ready to go on.

I could not wait to get the R going again, I've missed driving it. I finally got it running yesterday and finished up the small stuff today. I need to get an alignment done and my new camber bolts installed up front.

:D

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm glad you have your caR up and running, you should post some pics, especially of the ipd charge and inlet pipes along with the diverter valve.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a little more wrapping things up, still have to put my new headlight wipers back on and then I will take pictures for sure.

The ipd intercoolers seems to be working great. I was messing around last night came back into the shop and the ic pipe going to the throttle body was still ice cold. The turbo and bov are so loud now, I love it. The turbo silicone intake sucked for install beacuse this part of the car just sucks to work on. It's just full of stuff over there with the abs and brake lines. But it was worth the effort.

As with any fast awd car with a close ratio trans, 1st gear is too short and goes by in a second now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts