SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my son a new T-5 today(it's for his first birthday)
And i'm going to Sweden to pick it up,YES.I got an Excellent price going with the overseas delivery...less than 35 grand and it's fully loaded except for the navigational system.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wow, sounds like you and your son are gonna have some great days ahead. My car I had as a kid was an old 145. It was a cool car, but older and no T-5.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by VaughnsVolvo:
Bought my son a new T-5 today(it's for his first birthday)
And i'm going to Sweden to pick it up.

It sounds like your 1-year old will be riding in style!
I was about 7 years old when my parents bought their first Volvo in 84', it was a 80' 264 GLE.

quote:

I got an Excellent price going with the overseas delivery...less than 35 grand and it's fully loaded except for the navigational system.
It sounds like you got a great deal! I think if buyers have the time, there is nothing like OSD, for a great deal! If you get a chance, get some pictures of Sweden for us.

-Drew

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Couldn't justify buyin' a new car for myself...so Vaughn gets a T5,(purely for safety reasons you know).OSD is the only way to go if you can spare the time for the trip,I saved $1300 over A-plan pricing!And i'm definitely gonna take my camera so i'll try to get some interesting pics at the factory.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gee,thanks!

[This message has been edited by VaughnsVolvo (edited 11-24-2001).]

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Gee,thanks!

Make sure that you CALL (you must call) to make arrangements for a tour of the assembly line...it is a MUST! And don't forget to visit the Volvo Museum...pretty neat!

Yannis

·
Registered
56 Posts
We bought our first Volvo in 1985 when my wife was pregnant with our first child..so I understand your excitement..can't beat a safe car, especially these days...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anybody know if a tour of the crash testing is possible? I haven't got my info pack/confirmation from Volvo yet so I'm not even sure when i'm going yet.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Anybody know if a tour of the crash testing is possible? I haven't got my info pack/confirmation from Volvo yet so I'm not even sure when i'm going yet.
You can call them and ask them if they will have any crash testing scheduled during the days you will be there. Even then, they may deny you admission (most likely) unless it is a "publicized" crash test. Did not have th pleasure of witnessing any during my three visits to Gothenburg but I did get to see a film of 6 different Volvos getting their butts kicked. The noise generated by each crash is...deafening!!!

Yannis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts