SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 XC60 Inscription has what appears to be illuminated door sill plates. They look just like the ones on my 2018 S90. Volvo website states Inscription has them. dealer says it's an option. Anyone have this?

·
Registered
205 Posts
They are an option. They all look the same but the illuminated sills are different.under the sill where the led/wiring hides

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Its actually the same, the only difference is there is nothing to connect them to for power. I remember seeing a post about someone buying the harness and tying them in a while back, do a search you may find it.

Reactions: 718CGTS

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting. Would not surprise me to find all that's missing is a wire connector.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have pulled the sils on mine many times and my inscription does not have the illuminated sils. They all include the transparent top but not all include the board/leds. They also have different part numbers. You can easily pull yours off to see if Volvo threw on the illuminated sils. You need to pull the small trim panel to the side of the dash then just pull up on the sil and they pop right out. However they aren't plug and play. You need the connection harness to wire and it needs to be dealer/vida programmed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have pulled the sils on mine many times and my inscription does not have the illuminated sils. They all include the transparent top but not all include the board/leds. They also have different part numbers. You can easily pull yours off to see if Volvo threw on the illuminated sils. You need to pull the small trim panel to the side of the dash then just pull up on the sil and they pop right out. However they aren't plug and play. You need the connection harness to wire and it needs to be dealer/vida programmed.
This response makes more sense. Nothing is plug-and-play anymore, unfortunately...at a minimum, it would require programming through VIDA

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This response makes more sense. Nothing is plug-and-play anymore, unfortunately...at a minimum, it would require programming through VIDA
This does make sense. And frankly, not worth the bother just to light up the sill plate!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts