SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just a few days into getting my cat back with the brand new IHU installed and am very happy with how fast it is again. The response time on the rear view camera was especially bad before and now it's quick.

Of course it hasn't rebooted anymore which was the original reason I had it replaced.

One of the benefits was the traffic data. Before, traffic data was coming in via radio signal (I think) but on the new IHU I couldn't figure out how to make it work. Then by happenstance I turned on the vehicle modem and all kinds of things started to work well. Turns out there is a data plan turned on.

Maybe the new IHU signed me up for the trial data plan? Or is there a new feature that gives you free rtti over the modem? Because when I go to try the vehicle hotspot it requires me to sign up for a plan first.

I'm just happy to have the data available, as a very speedy traffic data flow is coming in now and I don't have to rely on Google maps for current conditions.

·
Registered
7,371 Posts
I'm just a few days into getting my cat back with the brand new IHU installed and am very happy with how fast it is again. The response time on the rear view camera was especially bad before and now it's quick.

Of course it hasn't rebooted anymore which was the original reason I had it replaced.

One of the benefits was the traffic data. Before, traffic data was coming in via radio signal (I think) but on the new IHU I couldn't figure out how to make it work. Then by happenstance I turned on the vehicle modem and all kinds of things started to work well. Turns out there is a data plan turned on.

Maybe the new IHU signed me up for the trial data plan? Or is there a new feature that gives you free rtti over the modem? Because when I go to try the vehicle hotspot it requires me to sign up for a plan first.

I'm just happy to have the data available, as a very speedy traffic data flow is coming in now and I don't have to rely on Google maps for current conditions.
Any parts number info on the service receipt? Curious if they start using new hardware on old cars also.

·
Registered
162 Posts

There are two types of Traffic Data. 1- SiriusXM (Slow and old data) and 2- IRTT (I believe thats the name) This uses data (fast and real time). You do not need a data plan for this but the data modem has to be on

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No part numbers on my receipt as it was all free to me. But I do know that the "replacement" part was back ordered, so they sourced it from a production line, so that means new hardware to me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was looking for... Hooray for new free stuff from Volvo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts