SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone upgraded there ignition cables and spark plugs. I was going to do the NDK iridium xl spark plugs but i am not sure about the zero resistant wires that i want to run. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
2005 V70R, Midnight Blue, M66
2,124 Posts
Re: Ignition (p0cket penguins)

There really are no high voltage ignition cables since the car uses coil packs on top of the plugs. <p>I would be cautious of anyone who offers a "zero" resistance product. Same league as perpetual motion, there is no such material that has "zero" resistance. In applications that require minimal resistance, they typically are silver plated to reduce electrical resistance.<p>Also in the past where high voltage ignition cables were indeed used, they typically were made of a carbon core, to introduce resistance in order to reduce radio interference from the ignition system. (Yes, high performance cars without audio systems did use solid core wire)<p>In regard to a change of spark plugs I guess I wonder what has been done to the car to require a change. Plugs today can easily go 50K miles. The only reason I would change them is if something was changed in the engine that would require a heat range change in the plug.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Ignition (rogersampson)

o no the car is stock i was just going to upgrade small things until i summed up the courage to get ti rica tuned

1 - 3 of 3 Posts