SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it recently started being below freezing here in Rhode Island (burrrr) and I notice that my car has a tough time starting. It cranks a little bit longer and today it actually had to turn over twice before starting!

My battery is 1yr old and is fine, the only thing I can think of is the ignition wiring. Does anybody know if there are any OEM or after market replacements for our ignition wiring? It is an 05' T5-

By wiring I mean the wiring to the coil packs, I have noticed they are brittle and might be cracked. A link would be great thanks!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
How fine is the battery? Did you get a chance to put a multimeter on it? Had a friend with a week old battery die simply because he didn't listen and change an alternator..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Ignition wires wouldn't cause that symptom. a broken or worn wire would immediately throw a code. would look at starter or fuel related

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My battery/alt is good, multimeter says 14.4 on a full load. I noticed the wires looked to be in bad shape, I think they need to be replaced even if it is not the problem. Come to think of it, I have not replaced the spark plugs in 2 years or so either. I might as well replace what I know is wrong before dropping money on a starter :)

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
How about starting with a good cleaning of the cable ends and terminals, followed up with some dielectric grease and a good, hard clamping down...

·
Registered
989 Posts
Might as well clean the MAF while your at it before it really gets cold. I'm in RI and it was freezing yesterday lol. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts