SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem where the key turns only from lock to accessory. Will not turn further to start the engine. Car has 115k, no major work, the original keys ( both behave same way). Car lock & unlocks w/remote and drove fine earlier in the day. Normal lights come on at accessory position& no messages. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
670 Posts
Problem where the key turns only from lock to accessory. Will not turn further to start the engine. Car has 115k, no major work, the original keys ( both behave same way). Car lock & unlocks w/remote and drove fine earlier in the day. Normal lights come on at accessory position& no messages. Any ideas?

Likely the magical pin/crap design of the ignition cylinder won't let it turn any further.

New cylinder time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wondering if you ever fixed this problem?

wondering what the fix was, this is my issue.
Had a hard time getting out of park, then it went into gear with a pop, now key will not turn off or lock column, any ideas? Is this another tumbler issue? 2004 XC90 ignition problem key won turn off or lock column

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Likely a cylinder issue, I had a similar issue with my 05 not too long ago and had to replace the cylinder, replacing it isn't too bad, but it is around 300 for the ignition cylinder. (285 thru fcpeuro)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had to have the car towed to the dealer. Not the cylinder, but a part internal to steering column. Don't remember, but was $$.

Your prob sounds more like my 98 V70XC, with same shift knob. Knob button was failing. Newer knob from Erie Vovo fixed it. Easy to replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts