SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 with factory m56h; 18t, Green injectors, 50% e85
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a brand new one several months ago made-to-order for my car, plus an extra ignition key, and ever since then the old one on my car has worked fine. I paid over $200 for it and it's just sitting in my garage. I doubt it, but just to make sure: do I have any options for recouping some of my cost by selling this specialized part?

·
Registered
97 Posts
probably not.. since it was cut for your particular set of keys.. it's for your 98? at least it isn't chipped. so you "could" probably get a new driver's lock and tailgate lock together and make a complete set with new keys to sell.. but then again someone out there would know they could get at your car.....

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
I assume you ordered it because yours jammed? Just hang on to it, you'll need it eventually.

·
Registered
1998 V70 T5 with factory m56h; 18t, Green injectors, 50% e85
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
You know that as soon as
you sell it, you'll need it.
Keep that sucker.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Im having an issue where I can't get my key out the ignition, is this why you ordered a new tumbler or different problem?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Im having an issue where I can't get my key out the ignition, is this why you ordered a new tumbler or different problem?
99 times out of 100, either the shifter button or the shiftlock override button is the problem.
If they aren't completely released, the key won't come out. Be sure that the shifter button
isn't stuck partway and the shiftlock override button is all the way up. They get sticky...

·
Registered
97 Posts
My tumbler issue is that the key can either turn just right, or go around another full turn before releasing, depending on how you press it while turning..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts