SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost 2 years that i purchased cable and today slow motion 8 hours spark changing and all connectors and cables on ignition including VVT.

My back hurts me auuuuuch...

Used high temperature sleeve and decide to made also 2 holes next week on top with 2 nice cable curved glands for rugged hose. Hot air will go out for sure.
Purchased feom Dave Burton but you have also in EU as they produce this in Holland. Cheap cca 120 Euro.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bear in mind to mark very good wires with white coorection pen ( best for wires and cables) before you cut.
My is turbo and PIN 2 is not used wire on new cable harness. Non turbo models use this PIN 2 wire.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sparks after 50.000 km and **** crap petrol in Serbia country but still looks good. ;)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) Googlevit what you think? :) At first I plan to made hoses out but will be ugly.
Also without garage soldering military connector out of question... good thermal sleeve
and finished. Missing now 2 holes on top of cover. Just to breath a little. :)

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Nice work, especially appreciate the quality materials that you use and the extra care that you take with your assembly.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks G.
Anyway here is some old photos just to see how heat destroyed wires and plastics on ignition coils also.
Just touch connector and all snap.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Stay atention on colours on NEW cable harness...its important to go 1.2.3.4.5. no matter
of old colours n old wires. Blue and Brown is changed from 2 to 1 and vice versa.

Turbo models 2.5t DONT USE WHITE RED wire numbered on PIN 2 !!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One wire bad joint need to fix it but my back hurts me still...i know when i crimp it that was not good but was so tired and left...simple change with new joint.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Refurbish last work

Some wires was too short and I repair with prolonged wires and at the end I
made 2 holes and 2 nice cable glands for hot air to breath and come out.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok. Today with digital multimeter and temperature sensor filled inside and measured temperature when both holes on glands are closed...
Than i opened and difference was great - 2 holes for hot air helped a lot to cooling ignition coils wires and refreshing air inside when engine work.

Simple as bananas ;)

P.s. i need to ask you also my car xc90 2.5t 2006 have one hose (isolated) going from AC to black box of ECM and TCM for cooling...as all other Volvos have here one ventilator.

Is possible to adjust 1 T on this hose and bring cooled air to 1 gland on cover and other leave it open...???

Is too cold air and possible condensation problem? How is than ECM and TCM getting this cooled air without problems? Thanks for your opinion. If you wish I will made photo of this hose. On hot summer days this hose is covered with ice white spots...means very cold air...
How this part working only if i have AC On?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This hose I mean. What you think?
Its very cold cooling system for ECM & TCM.
IMG_4057_LI.jpg

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found that this hose from firewall going to Ecm Tcm black box is sucking air from inside the car ( i supose from AC ventilation) and as you can see is isolated thermicaly. When AC working this hose is very cold... old Volvo models had one small ventilator on back side of box to cooling this 2 modules when certain temperature inside of them rise... who knows more about it?

·
Registered
3,137 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
No fan on my 2.5t 2006

Thanks. I need to inform you that I dont have fan on black box at all. Just hose coming from firewall inside
the box of ECM and TCM. But very cold air. Must be from AC of course not only air from inside the car but cooled
when temperature rise in black box. Where other have fan there is the bigger rubber going from small hose diameter
to bigger hole as for fan. But no fan at all. Will made photos.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Im back here to ask for your opinion and experience.

After I changed all wires i forgot to put back on right side of engine cam sensor position connector...and message pop out. P 0076 vvt solenoid bank 1 low bla bla...

I deleted with this simple instrument but soon comr back again...as i dont have Vida before i visit my mechanic i try also to remove battery than put key in pos. II...but message come again.

Did I really need to reset rhis only wih Vida or is still something else problem? Will check tomorrow resistance on solenoid and wires...

Thanks for reply.

p.s. as Vacuum pump burned fuse can this have some impact that engine light was on and this message remained in Permanent memory...??? As I know Vac pump is only for brake assist function or also have something with engine vac pressure???

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Problem was that wires was pylled out from new harness pins connector. Badly tight on production or not proper crimping tools .

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SOLVED: today i take instrument and check what is wrong with new cables and connectors i purchased from Dave Burton produced in Holland. Lol.

Obviously cable pulled a little bit and 2 wires on PIN on Intake Valve pop out. Very bad crimped.

I repaired both but will purchase new cable and Remove Pins out and solder. ;)

DTC deleted no more message.

In mean time also changed old hose around wires on injectors and sensor for temperature on Thermostat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts