SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Do it...it has been 100 degrees here lately and the car feels stronger than ever....what heat soak? :)

That's it

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Tell me about it. Saving up at the moment.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
Just in time for the July GB. :)

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
And +1 to Tommy, my R runs so much smoother now....glad that I did it.

If anyone is close to Phuz i'd have him do it and install it of not then get the one off ebay.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
And +1 to Tommy, my R runs so much smoother now....glad that I did it.

If anyone is close to Phuz i'd have him do it and install it of not then get the one off ebay.
I have thought about doing that. Not that far of a drive and I know it'll get installed right.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts
It has been ~100 degrees the past couple of days and the R still pulls just as hard as it does in the cool months.
And don't worry about your A/C temps. It's just as cold as before. ;)

·
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has been ~100 degrees the past couple of days and the R still pulls just as hard as it does in the cool months.
And don't worry about your A/C temps. It's just as cold as before. ;)
Exactly .... I was worried about my AC at first but it really has not been affected at all

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
221 Posts
That, some basic tools, decent hand/eye coordination, possibly a brain....you can do it.
I have all of the above, but what I meant is do I need extra piping or reducers?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I have all of the above, but what I meant is do I need extra piping or reducers?
I would go with Phuz's FMIC. You will have all the connections you need and a quality unit to boot. I have the Bell (Black), and it has been great. I got it on a group buy four years ago, otherwise, I would have gone with Phuz.

Also, I was part of the development that Bell did to offer the FMIC while still living in TX. I was familiar with it. Bell was the best choice for me at the time.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would go with Phuz's FMIC. You will have all the connections you need and a quality unit to boot. I have the Bell (Black), and it has been great. I got it on a group buy four years ago, otherwise, I would have gone with Phuz.

Also, I was part of the development that Bell did to offer the FMIC while still living in TX. I was familiar with it. Bell was the best choice for me at the time.
I might go that route because I wanna get DP with cutout.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I've never driven my R in over 80 degree temperatures with the stock intercooler, I opted to upgrade to a FMIC before our miserable summer hit. I have to say that it handles the heat a hell of a lot better than my old S60 did, but I lust for water/methanol injection to overcome the sting of 105 degree days we've been having lately.

Seriously, it's not that difficult to install a FMIC, put it at the top of your list and pull the trigger!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts