SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would first start with springs and a new set of wheels.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Sell it and buy something much better with the 50K (plus the proceeds of the sale of your Volvo)

·
Super Moderator
3,780 Posts
Sell it and buy something much better with the 50K (plus the proceeds of the sale of your Volvo)
AGREED! Like a fully loaded XC70 T6 with a trailer hitch. Flamenco Red with dark interior is a MUST.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
First I'd buy a Genesis sedan for a daily driver, and then with the money left over I'd mod my '89 244: coil overs all round, lower it a bit with stiffer springs, other handling up-grades, etc., and when I've got the handling where I want it, a +T. :p

·
Super Moderator
3,780 Posts
First I'd buy a Genesis sedan for a daily driver, and then with the money left over I'd mod my '89 244: coil overs all round, lower it a bit with stiffer springs, other handling up-grades, etc., and when I've got the handling where I want it, a +T. :p
You need to drop in an I-5 and FWD drivetrain in while you're at it. :p

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
You need to drop in an I-5 and FWD drivetrain in while you're at it. :p
Nah, Brad. I've had enough of FWD over the years. The I-5 would be a possibility with the proper adapter, but a squirter red block with 16v head and +T also seems to be popular, and the M47 tranny would be OK as I already have a race car so my brick wouldn't need a gazillian HP for just a fun car. But all this pre-supposes a wind-fall, and the last time I won anything was a $10.00 win in the Irish Stakes back when most folks on this board hadn't yet been born. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I'd buy new tires and then put the other 49k on my mortgage.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Have it detailed for $100. Put $49,900 in the bank or invest it so in a 8-10 years I could pay cash for a new Volvo.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
If we're speaking strictly cars and not say...paying toward my student loans, I'd take the $50K and put it, combined with my S80, toward a MB E550 Coupe. That or an A7. Probably the E550 though.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If the rules are you have to spend the money on your current Volvo .... Then I would go to town.
First I would start with the motor and have it built with stronger rods, pistons and rings, add a larger turbo, FMIC, Meth/water injection, down pipe, custom exhaust - that would exit out the rear and split into two pipes (one on each side), Elevates CIA, Snabb intake pipe, larger injectors, and a sick tune. Under the hood for cosmetic reasons I would paint or go with carbon fiber covers on the engine and other boxes. I would replace all my hoses with blue silicone or maybe even braided stainless steal lines (or a combo of both).
I would have to add a bunch of gauges to monitor the engine - placement would be on the dash in a custom pod over the center speaker grill.
For the suspension I would go with coil-overs, caster/camber adjustment kits as needed, heavy duty bushings & linkages, sway bars and body braces, maybe some nice 18" BBS rims and spacers to fill out the wheel wells. I would upgrade to either R or Brembo brakes in all four corners with some cross drilled rotors and stainless steal lines.
Interior; I would add a iPod/phone interface, maybe a double din stereo and satellite radio deal, add an amp and a sub or two, tint the windows, add a few more LEDs, possibly go with some sport seats for a little extra support, change out the wood trim treatment for carbon fiber and silver motif, add a sport / R steering wheel, new floor mats, hard wired Valentine One radar detector, change out the headliner and other cloth covered interior pieces to grey to match the leather (just to be different), replace the front door panels to the R style so I could have leather covering the whole thing and the extra speaker. I would like to change all the lights behind all the instruments/dash/radio/ steering wheel/etc... to blue vs. the stock green.
Lighting - front custom projectors - rear add some strip LEDs to outline the shape of the lights.
Body; I would go with a not too crazy body kit or would I?
Thinking about this puppy -

Eyebrows and all -
I would have to install Two fog lights on each side in the outboard vents one white and one yellow with a separate switch for the yellow fogs.
Add the PCC trunk and keep it de-badged

Then with the remaining 30K plus I would buy an nice lightly used BMW M3 maybe and 06 - I really like the E46 body style.
The rest would go to insurance for the first few months - then my wife would go nuts because I am now out of money because maintenance is killing me finacially and I would have to sell one or both cars or no sex ever again - Can't have that so I end up killing her because I figure with these two hot cars I can get all the women I want (because I am good looking too) but I end up getting caught and going to jail, where I end up with a new boyfriend named Leroy who has his way with me and I die of Aids in a hospital ward - Thanks for posting this fantastic idea - you just ruined my life.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Umm.... Sell mine and get me a nice new C30 R-Design and go INSANE with customizing it. Such as adding on the AWD system from a V50. :D

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
Assuming the question implies you have to spend the 50K on your Volvo, I'd send it off to K-PAX Racing in Denver and tell them to make it as fast as possible for $30K then save the remainder for repairs/consumables.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Have it detailed for $100.
I think you meant "Have it HACKED for $100"... If you get a quote to detail you car for $100 run very fast!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts