SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
deleted everything so i can let this thread die....

it has gotten so many fans and haters

train horns and changing radios in volvos seem like a subject of debate

LOL

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
are you going to try and scare people like those other vids on youtube?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Ive always wanted train horns. Video needed ASAP.

·
Registered
876 Posts
...It will be tied into my Compustar Pro 901 two way remote start alarm system with Dronemobile. Like my xc90, my VR will be tied to the horn honk feature of the alarm. My XC90 spent 48hours in a New York City Street Parking spot on Memorial Day Weekend 2012 and i was 1/2 mile away. Couldnt see it, couldnt reach for 12 minutes if the alarm went off, COULD HEAR it if the alarm went off and so would EVERYONE that lives near the car when it did go off.
If I did that in my neighborhood, I would have to have a set of new windows ready to go in the next day.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Pretty cool! But I bet that when some people hear it, they are so scared and startled they don't know what to do, just making them sit there longer. :D

A video would be pretty cool!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
no one GTFO of my way when it is a green light for me and they still crossing the intersection.
It was expensive to be sure, but we paid them each $1 to linger specifically in YOUR way, wherever you are, any time day or night.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
About once a week I find myself wishing I had a train horn, but realize I'd probably eventually get shot or give someone a heart attack...

·
Registered
796 Posts
been waiting to see train horns put on an R, trying to figure a way to do it on my SR. Having installed several sets on other cars/trucks when I did car audio/video installs I've wanted to do it on my own car for many years now.. props for doing it! Videos are a must.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Even if you use it with no malice, there will be times when others are nearby (who aren't the object of your honk) that could be "injured" by this. You train horn someone doing something stupid in front of you, and the elderly gentleman in the car next to you could be startled, not know what the hell is happening, and swerve just enough to cause an accident. These are unintended consequences of doing something completely unexpected for the situation (stupidly loud train horn on a car). Driving is all about trust. We all trust the other drivers to do what they're supposed to do. If we didn't have that trust, we'd have to stop at every intersection, leave the road every time a car was approaching, and so forth. Your train horn seriously violates that trust. I hope you keep your regular horn hooked up and only use the train horn when nobody else is around.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts