SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am close to purchasing a Volvo which is going to be built at the factory. This involves my putting down a deposit and then the lease will start in 3 months or so.

My concern is that the dealer can not commit to a price. He is saying that we may agree on numbers today but if something changes in 3 months time, the price may not be there. It seems strange to me - as the risk seems to be borne entirely by myself (I doubt they will drop the price by if Volvo suddenly introduces a new rebate 2 months from now).

So my question to you guys is - is this a standard practice when car is ordered to be built and delivered in a few months? I would be more comfortable signing a contract for a price X today and not worrying that it may change down the line.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The price should be fixed. Financing and lease terms as well as incentives may change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
When we bought ours, we put in writing that the current price would be given, unless the prices went down. Negotiated invoice plus $1,000. To our surprise, we saved a further $1,500 at delivery because pricing indeed had changed. Plus at time of pickup the interest rate was lower, saving us even more. I really respect the dealership for being transparent and keeping their end of the deal.
Pricing must have to do with the exchange rate with the Euro mainly, but there can be adjustments overall because of manufacturing processes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I understand that exchange rates, etc. can change over a 3 month period, but if the dealer is asking you to commit your deposit in advance, then I agree with you that the dealer should do some kind of commitment in exchange for yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts