SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question answered in one of the R-kelly threads..

http://www.xenonvalot.com/xenonfixvolvo.html

But I'm not sure how to incorporate that shunt to the DRL system.

I'm wanting to bypass the DRL circuit all together, use a Relay driven 9006 harness that is activated by the High beam circuit.

No DRL's but a fully functioning High beam/flash to pass light in its place. I'm going to be using a Hyper yellow 9006 bulb at 80w

Modified by chinaonnitrous1 at 2:37 PM 5-18-2009

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Re: If DRL's are unplugged... does it give an error? (chinaonnitrous1)

Quote, originally posted by chinaonnitrous1 »
I can't get my car out of the garage, and the HID's seem to fire on regardless of the lighting in my garage.

Can someone check for me?

I'm wanting to bypass the DRL circuit all together, use a Relay driven 9006 harness that is activated by the High beam circuit.

No DRL's but a fully functioning High beam/flash to pass light in its place. I'm going to be using a Hyper yellow 9006 bulb at 80w

if you unplug the DRL, its the same as having a burnt out bulb no? Does that answer your question?

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: If DRL's are unplugged... does it give an error? (juve021)

Quote, originally posted by juve021 »

if you unplug the DRL, its the same as having a burnt out bulb no? Does that answer your question?

Yes.

I figured that out since I unplugged a turn signal bulb. It gave an error when the car was on and using that side of the turn signal.

I Can't get the car out of the garage since most of the cooling system is apart along with the spark plugs.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
You could always pop a power resistor in there and that'll take care of the error, or just h.ve the DRLs turned off by your dealer / indy. Holand Car Care in San Mateo on Claremont St has a VIDA license;

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Re: (adykes)

Quote, originally posted by adykes »
You could always pop a power resistor in there and that'll take care of the error, or just h.ve the DRLs turned off by your dealer / indy. Holand Car Care in San Mateo on Claremont St has a VIDA license;

or...drill the shunt that allows 30% more current to flow to the CEM thereby allowing the CEM to think more load is on the circuit which makes the CEM not produce the bulb out message. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (juve021)

Quote, originally posted by juve021 »

or...drill the shunt that allows 30% more current to flow to the CEM thereby allowing the CEM to think more load is on the circuit which makes the CEM not produce the bulb out message. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

I would not even know WHERE to beging with drilling a shunt.

I saw the instruction for regular S60's headlight shunt mod.

But does it apply to DRL also?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.