SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that I'd be paying to put a mod on my car that made me go ridiculously slower over dips, stress out when I see a bump, and pull into stalls with the utmost care, I'd call that person insane.

But alas, I just ordered a second set of winglets!

And you know what?

I would do it again and again.

They really complete the look of the car in the front.

Oh, and I still love my R!

(does anyone else pronounce them like they were French? *WING-ley* no? Me either.
)

-Marty

·
Registered
974 Posts
Re: If anyone told me a year ago... (SHOlover)

I think if you have the full body kit the winglets are a must, or some type of aero spoiler. I havent ben able to grasp the concept of no wiglets with the rest of the kit.

I do however feel everyones pain, after I just purchased my R and was driving from Denver to Sacamento, didnt even have it a full 2days, I hit some retread that I didnt see and destroyed the left winglet. Lucky for me some touch up paint and 3m tape fixed it
I was sooooooooooooo pissed after it happened!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: If anyone told me a year ago... (Token Blk Guy)

Quote, originally posted by Token Blk Guy »
I think if you have the full body kit the winglets are a must, or some type of aero spoiler. I havent ben able to grasp the concept of no wiglets with the rest of the kit.
\

That's how I am rolling now

Quote, originally posted by Token Blk Guy »
I hit some retread that I didnt see and destroyed the left winglet.

Exact same thing took off my driver's winglet! I was on the 405 and wham!Clean off! It was my fault because I was tailgating at *cough cough* miles per hour. The driver in front of me kicked it up just enough so it did the deed. I consider myself lucky though, could have been a whole lot worse.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: If anyone told me a year ago... (SHOlover)

Quote, originally posted by SHOlover »
that I'd be paying to put a mod on my car that made me go ridiculously slower over dips, stress out when I see a bump, and pull into stalls with the utmost care, I'd call that person insane.

But alas, I just ordered a second set of winglets!

And you know what?

I would do it again and again.

They really complete the look of the car in the front.

Oh, and I still love my R!

(does anyone else pronounce them like they were French? *WING-ley* no? Me either.
)

-Marty

Amen, brother.

I have a VST front lip (CF, no less) on mine and I do all those things too and then some, every day (especially with speed bumps). Hell, you can't even get the VST CF lip in the US any more and to import one from Japan would cost a fortune!

I WON'T do it again and again 'cuz it's stupid expensive. Actually, I must be insane for even buying it but it sure makes the car look nice. But you know how it is. When you get a chance to own a nice car or date a hot woman, rational thought tends to go out the window till you come to your senses...if you ever DO come to your senses.

So when I found out I could buy one (at a discount), I couldn't say no.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Whether you do the VST lip or the winglets....the stock bumper just isn't "loud" enough on it's own. It needs something that's not only flashy and fun...but vulnerable and a fortune to replace!

redalrt - Nice Volutions http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: (m3nt0s)

Nice looking front end you have there Redalrt!!

I will always run the winglets - always. I love them that much!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: (m3nt0s)

Quote, originally posted by m3nt0s »
. It needs something that's not only flashy and fun...but vulnerable and a fortune to replace!
:

That's the part that's not flashy or fun

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
couldnt agree more......i had mine off for a short period and put them back and then with my new shoes....i just cant go without them anymore...

They look so good, winglets are a must and the price, lets just say sometimes you need to spend.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Re: (carlosR)

i just had mine repainted and put back on a few weeks ago. i already scraped up the passenger side one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts