SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you identify which s80's have the premium sound option? Looking on carmax, it is hard to tell (no obvious "dynaudio" label anywhere that I can see) from the photos. I found a 2009 v8 at a local dealer in my area, hoping it has the option :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Up on the dash where the Nav System screen is located you'll see the word DynAudio on a nameplate. Mine is a 2007 V8. R.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
If you turn the stereo off and back on it'll say the sound level. I know it says Premium sound if you have it and I think it'll say high performance if that's optioned. Not sure what it'll do if it's the baseline but either nothing or just "Performance". But being a V8 you'll likely have PS.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Look for this badge on the center channel speaker (with Navi or without)... mine is a bit faded. :mad:

https://flic.kr/p/CTpA4r
https://flic.kr/p/BVTRdd

I know there's a pissin' match out there (not trying to start anything here...) between folks that 'like it' and ones that don't... but I LOVE my Dynaudio system. Personally, it's the best sounding system I have ever had in any car I've owned. Are there better? Sure, probably, but in a used car... I give it 2 thumbs up! Plus, a USB input that basically holds my entire music library... that plus Dynaudio = AWESOME!

Best of luck in your search. If you have your mind set on an S80 with this option... hold out and find one that has it. I did, and couldn't be happier that I did. I think it's worth it.

Gregg

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
If you have a center channel speaker you have the Dynaudio option.
The standard stereo has no center channel speaker at all, no grille or anything there.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hm, are you sure? There are three audio levels by the way: performance, high performance and premium sound. And if you have RTI you'll have the grille either way to accomodate the display. Not a speaker though. And I'm not entirely sure if the high performance systems also lack the grille or the speaker. I think the base levels didn't have the grille but I'd imagine a HP stereo would have a center channel (though no external amp, much cheaper speakers and less software). But I'm not sure.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Related question: Are all Premium Plus packages equipped with High Performance? I have a 2013. I know is is not the Premium. Sounds pretty damn good. US Spec, that is.

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
Hm, are you sure? There are three audio levels by the way: performance, high performance and premium sound. And if you have RTI you'll have the grille either way to accomodate the display. Not a speaker though. And I'm not entirely sure if the high performance systems also lack the grille or the speaker. I think the base levels didn't have the grille but I'd imagine a HP stereo would have a center channel (though no external amp, much cheaper speakers and less software). But I'm not sure.
US Market only got two levels, Dynaudio and High Performance I think.
Here if you have NAV you also have Dynaudio (they never offered RTI/NAV without Dynaudio). So it's simpler to tell here. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here if you have NAV you also have Dynaudio (they never offered RTI/NAV without Dynaudio). So it's simpler to tell here. :)
Just purchased a 2007 S80 6 cylinder and it has a nav that pops up from the dash board (like James Bond would have in the 80's). Is that factory? If so does that mean I have Dynaudio? The display shows "Performance" on the radio when turned on.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Not totally correct, my 2007 V8 with RTI/NAV, has no speaker under the dash grille, I have looked. When I turn on the radio, the display says High Performance. Dyna Audio has badges on the speaker grilles saying Dyna Audio

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've seen a few S80s with Nav and no Dynaudio or with Dynaudio but no Nav.

If you have the badges or your radio says "premium" when you turn it on, you have Dynaudio. Mine was stock, no nav, and it said "high performance".

·
Registered
221 Posts
My S80 2007 (Summum) from EU has RTI/NAV and high performance (sounds awesome :D) (no badge on nav grille)
There are three audio levels

1. Performance
2. High Performance
3. Premium (+dynaudio badge)

And premium does not come with nav option. Sound level you can choose and without nav.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My S80 2007 (Summum) from EU has RTI/NAV and high performance (sounds awesome :D) (no badge on nav grille)
There are three audio levels

1. Performance
2. High Performance
3. Premium (+dynaudio badge)

And premium does not come with nav option. Sound level you can choose and without nav.
My S80 V8 has Dynaudio and navigation!
(like on this photo)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts