SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

long story short I replaced my front struts and strut bearings. The passenger side is quiet but the drivers side is making an annoying creaking sound on every bump. Any ideas on what is causing this?

https://vimeo.com/153032263

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
566 Posts
Did you go back over your work? I'm assuming it didn't make this sound before. You replaced part X, now it makes this sound. That would tell me that something did not go back together correctly.

·
3,391 Posts
Strut mount / spring seat. I've had to replace them 3x so far on my S80.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Upper or lower? Thanks. l'll probably do both but I'd like to have an idea about which one is bad. Any chance of getting a part number?

·
3,391 Posts
Upper or lower? Thanks. l'll probably do both but I'd like to have an idea about which one is bad. Any chance of getting a part number?

It's the upper. The lowers don't seem to go bad. At least I haven't had to replace the lowers at any point in my nearly 300k miles. Upper strut mounts have been a volvo issue since the dawn of time. You'd think they would have gotten them right by now. They're a black disc-shaped component. I'm not sure of the part number.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the very top piece that the strut bearing slides on to and the 3 bolts that hold it into place right?

·
Registered
174 Posts
http://www.epiesa.ro/galerie_2015_4.php?dir=56&poza=1206424.jpg
Mine was this part.after beeing newly installed,it made the squeaky sound when driving on road bumps.only right side in my case.The part was new,but after takeing it down again,it seemed it hadn't been properly fitted in place.It has a special position that the mechanics must keep track of.When you turn the wheels,the two holes must match perfectly in a circle on top of each other.Otherwise,the rubber part presses on the silver bar of the shock absorber and creates the sqeak sound

1 - 8 of 8 Posts