SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What in the world is this interior? Is there a code 1786? Sorry if this is a lame / ignorant question, I usually live exclusively in the S70, V70 & V70XC (1998-2000) forum.

This car is currently for sale in Montana. On consignment for 10 or 12K. I think their nuts. I think it's an '04. Pretty good shape, has the jewel headlights, I think one or both are cracked. Some of the interior bits are loose like the part around the ebrake handle that you slide out to remove the center console. They say a little old lady had it since new and had an indipendent mechanic do all maintenance but unaware of any records kept.

Below are a few photos. More are located here: My set of photos on Flickr http://flic.kr/s/aHsjD39pd1

C70 by PDLarson, on Flickr

I remember a question about linen interior here:
Thread: Most beautiful C70 ever?
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...tiful-C70-ever&highlight=interior+light+color
and wondered if this is it. Maybe hard to tell from the pics but the seats are very light colored.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I did a lot of shopping this year - A good condition 04 will still bring in the ballpark of $14k-$16k full dealer retail, so that price isn't completely out of line. I wrecked mine in March and was paid out just under $14k. If it's higher mileage or private party, it should be closer to $8k-$10k

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I had the mileage in one of the pics but I guess not. It is just a couple blocks from my house. I might go check it out again. If anyone has any interest or questions about it, let me know. I'd be glad to check it out. I don't plan on buying it. If anything, I may be shopping for a V70 within a year or so. The C70 has been there for a while and frankly, this is not the time to be selling a convertible in Montana so I don't expect it to be sold anytime soon.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Birch wood c70

Far side of the planet but just what I am looking for.
If you are looking for a V70R that could solve the transportation issue.
PM sent

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Plus it's an LPT not a HPT

·
Registered
120 Posts
This may come a bit late for PDLarson's inquiry but I agree with Lloyd about market values. I looked for 8 months before buying a 2003 last October. It is a T5 with 22,000 miles and is about as clean as they come. The carpet mats were never used and it even smells new. I paid a bit over $14,000 from a dealer including shipping the car 300 miles. There is very little, if any, difference in book values for a wide range of mileage in a 9 or 10 year old car. The only real difference is that book value for a T5 is about $2,000 more than an LT. It is a matter of what you want to pay depending on condition, equipment and mileage (and in this case color interior) knowing that $14,000 is about as much as an insurance company will pay for any C70 if it is totaled.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not interested in buying anything with only two doors. I just stopped by to look because I drive by several times a day. I need a kid hauler and actually use the third row seat in my V70. I was just taken by surprise at the asking price.

Anyway, here is a better view of the wheels

Pics taken last night, she is still available.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
The Birch wood was available on 1998 S/V70 Rs as well as C70s in the nordic countries. I wouldn't say it was very popular even there but it's not uncommon. Personally I'm a fan and plan on swapping it into my interior.

This C70 you posted is the first one I've ever heard of having the Birch Wood trim in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Will, in the US it was a 2004 specific option with the linen white leather.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, here in the states it was a 2004 option only on the C70, along with the sky blue metallic color, the volcano red interior, and the aluminum trim. Mine is sky blue with the linen white and birch trim. I have never seen a steering wheel with the birch trim though. Have some pics, will have to find them.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Will, in the US it was a 2004 specific option with the linen white leather.
Thanks for confirming that. I had no idea! The steering wheels look good on the V70Rs I've seen over here with the birch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts