SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone set up bike racks on top of your XC 90? I'm not super thrilled with the hitch modification (looks like a hole needs to be cut or something...). Seeing what folks have rigged up. Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I haven't got mine yet but I plan to install my bike racks over the roof racks like I did with my X5. Hopefully I can get up there without having to get the running boards!

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I saw the port installed North American tow hitch yesterday on a Crystal White Inscription. It does not look too bad in real life if port-installed. I am still not adding it though. If you search for Thule, I think you find some discussions on this forum. I don't remember if bike racks were specifically discussed, but Thule has a boat load of options.

·
Registered
112 Posts
In real terms this means barely noticeable increase in fuel consumption but unfortunately some whistle noise in some cases.
This. I've had roof crossbars and bike racks on 4 or 5 different vehicles and fuel consumption increase was minimal compared to the increased wind noise. A combination of foam tape and a an inno Wind Fairing reduced those issues dramatically 100% of the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts